Author Topic: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat  (Read 118953 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: The on-going ever-evolving process of feeding Mazy cat
« Reply #90 on: December 08, 2016, 04:59:13 PM »
Moan away. I know what you're going through every time I leave the house and can't be back in a couple of hours. I'm always tense and wondering about him, and that tension only expands almost to the point that I can't breathe when I hit the garage door opener when I get home.

Am I going to walk in to a dog that's gotten overly stressed, for whatever reason, this time or not? My being tense when I walk in doesn't help him either. It's just crazy what we go through at times, isn't it?

Doesn't help your Fibro or my FMF either.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #91 on: December 08, 2016, 05:04:40 PM »
Moan away. I know what you're going through ....

I went through that with Pookie and his sister for years, before I stopped feeding the dry.  And even after I changed their diet, I still wondered, just not at the stress level it had been before.

There's really nothing I can say that will help, just know that continued purrs are being sent your way.  GoodVibes grouphug  Hug1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2016, 06:27:48 PM »
Moan away. I know what you're going through every time I leave the house and can't be back in a couple of hours. I'm always tense and wondering about him, and that tension only expands almost to the point that I can't breathe when I hit the garage door opener when I get home.

Am I going to walk in to a dog that's gotten overly stressed, for whatever reason, this time or not? My being tense when I walk in doesn't help him either. It's just crazy what we go through at times, isn't it?

Doesn't help your Fibro or my FMF either.

I went through that with Pookie and his sister for years, before I stopped feeding the dry.  And even after I changed their diet, I still wondered, just not at the stress level it had been before.

There's really nothing I can say that will help, just know that continued purrs are being sent your way.  GoodVibes grouphug  Hug1

Thanks you guys.  I'm feeling a lot better today.  It just takes a few days, every time she pukes, to recover from it.  Of course during the difficult times when she's every other day, it's really awful.

Anyway I know what you mean about dreading leaving the house and dreading coming home.  I felt that way every minute of my life with Tolly after his seizures started.  I remember talking about it with my mother in the early days and she told me that that would go away after a while.

She was right to a certain extent, but still, the longer I was a way from home the higher my anxiety. 

It was like that with Ootay too, after her first stroke. I worried she would have a stroke right after I walked out, and be stumbling around suffering for hours and hours until I got home.  I never went anywhere I couldn't come home to every two hours in all those months after her first one, but thankfully both the second and third happened early in the morning and I was of course home.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2016, 10:10:42 PM »
It was like that with Ootay too, after her first stroke. I worried she would have a stroke right after I walked out, and be stumbling around suffering for hours and hours until I got home.  I never went anywhere I couldn't come home to every two hours in all those months after her first one, but thankfully both the second and third happened early in the morning and I was of course home. 

I was like that for the last 1-2 months of Pookie's life.  Knowing the tumor could hemorrage and he'd be gone in an hour if that happened . . . I was afraid to leave the house, worried something would happen, and when I came home, I'd check on him.  Even going to bed I'd worry that something would happen overnight.  So I can totally relate.

GoodVibes grouphug GoodVibes grouphug   Hug1 Hug1 Hug1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2016, 11:32:06 AM »
Worrying about our furkids' well being is normal... and often mentally exhausting.  HUGS!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #95 on: December 23, 2016, 07:11:33 AM »
9 days so I know she's due.  I'm trying to tweak feeding times to help her over the cycle for this time at least. Since I have the day off, even though I was out late last night (annual Christmas dinner with boss and the other members of our department) I was able to arrange for her to have a 9 hour fast instead of 8 hours.

Today I am going to visit a friend and will be gone at least 8 hours, so there is another extra hour and a half (usual fast between breakfast and lunch is 6 1/2 hours).

Now it's the long holiday weekend so I can give her 10 hours overnight tonight, Saturday night and Sunday night.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #96 on: December 23, 2016, 11:59:49 AM »
 fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed fingerscrossed

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2016, 02:57:04 PM »
I hope she surprises you... in a good way!  :)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #98 on: December 24, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
She refused to come out for her bed time meal and for a change I listened to her so there was no puking.  So she ended up having a 12 1/2 hour fast.  This morning I gave her the aloe/SEB blob to soothe things in there and waited a half hour before feeding and am feeding her tiny amounts.  She did go down to poop but only two tiny bits came out.  That's not usual for her so she must really have a wad of fur that needs passing.

I am thankful, for this time at least, this is happening while I am home for 3 days, so I can really tweak her meal times and quantities and hopefully get her past it  (and try to sneak an extra meal in to make up for the lost meal last night)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #99 on: December 24, 2016, 04:10:57 PM »
Nope, the 12 hour fast didn't work.  She's pooping okay but there hasn't been much fur in it the last few times.  And now it's lodged itself somewhere, all that fur that hasn't been coming out in the poop.  She puked up her pre-meal just now and the lunch came with it (lunch was 3 hours previously) Very foul.

No fur in the puke either.  It's just gd lodged down there and until it moves there isn't anything I can do for her.  I could give her some mineral oil I suppose, but I hate to do it.  the IBD group recommend Vaseline for 'emergency hairball relief" but petroleum jelly (hairball gels) have always backfired with Mazy cat.

I'm going to keep her to bone broth tonight, no more solid food, and see how she does.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #100 on: December 24, 2016, 04:39:50 PM »
Nope, the 12 hour fast didn't work.  She's pooping okay but there hasn't been much fur in it the last few times.  And now it's lodged itself somewhere, all that fur that hasn't been coming out in the poop.  She puked up her pre-meal just now and the lunch came with it (lunch was 3 hours previously) Very foul.

:(

the IBD group recommend Vaseline for 'emergency hairball relief" but petroleum jelly (hairball gels) have always backfired with Mazy cat.

I'd never give that internally. I don't care what they say about its purification process and all that. It's made out of petroleum, and it has a nasty scent. I'll never be convinced that it can be harmless.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #101 on: December 24, 2016, 06:15:25 PM »
GoodVibes grouphug GoodVibes grouphug

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #102 on: December 24, 2016, 10:03:25 PM »

I'd never give that internally. I don't care what they say about its purification process and all that. It's made out of petroleum, and it has a nasty scent. I'll never be convinced that it can be harmless.

I agree Dee, but it is what hairball remedies are made of.  I am positive that is what caused Tolly's cancer.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #103 on: December 24, 2016, 10:52:50 PM »
I've been so careful all evening with little slivers of meat and drops of broth.  Just now I figured she was okay and gave her about a tablespoon of broth with about a teaspoon of meat.  She ate it all up, then brought it all up.  :'( :'( :'(

When her tummy settles I'm going to give her more broth..with mineral oil in it.  She has got to shift that load of fur.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2016, 10:55:44 PM »

Tags: