Author Topic: Well there goes Dr. Pol...  (Read 1669 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Well there goes Dr. Pol...
« on: October 18, 2014, 10:02:14 PM »
Husband told me he was over watching vet shows tonight. There was a Golden Retriever on tonight that had the same symptoms that Dannyboy did at the end. He said he wasn't watching this sad stuff anymore. So I guess that means I'll watch it On Demand when he's at work if I see it.

He's just never taken to Vlad the way he did Dannyboy, and it's obvious to me now that he still misses Danny as much as I still do sometimes. Though he'd pick me over anyone else, Dannyboy was still more of a family dog than Vlad. Vlad's one of those one-person dogs that prefers me over anyone, at any time, and I've been told more than once that he doesn't quit looking for me when I'm not home.

If it makes him that uncomfortable watching it though, I guess I'll find something else to watch on Saturday nights.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Well there goes Dr. Pol...
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2014, 10:19:56 PM »
I thought his show was cancelled a long time ago, due to him being fined for some sort of punishment. 

Guess I should have Googled, before replying... Don't see any punishment after 2012.

Anyway, sorry to hear your hubby is bummed.  :( I don't think the pain of losing a furkid ever goes away, especially when something triggers the bad memories. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2014, 10:30:36 PM »
I think there have been more than one malpractice suits of one type or another on Pol, but for the most part, I still learn a lot from those shows, so that's why I watch them. Even when it shows a lot of the bad parts of life, I don't try to ignore it on TV. It kind of helps toughen me up for other parts of life so I can be stronger when I need to be. If I can desensitize myself to some things, it' makes other things a little less hard. Plus, it helps to have something like that to force the tears out when I don't let myself cry at other times.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2014, 07:25:23 AM »
There is actually a petition to have his show removed because of his allegedly horrible practices. I don't get those kind of channels and wouldn't watch them if I did.  I can't watch shows about animals.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2014, 08:00:41 PM »
Hmmmm. I bet if I turned it to Magic Mike on Oxygen that he'd tell me to turn it to NatGeoWild.   >:D

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 08:57:39 AM »
Magic Mike on Oxygen?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2014, 09:59:26 PM »
Yep. Mike's movie was on Oxygen channel that night. I've still yet to get to see that movie. Gonna have to catch it sooner or later.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2014, 05:52:19 PM »
Ohhhhh Oxygen is a TV network.  Got it... finally. 

Tags: