Author Topic: Nature's Variety Instinct BEEF - Canned  (Read 2162 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Nature's Variety Instinct BEEF - Canned
« on: January 01, 2012, 01:29:25 AM »
Beef
95% Beef and liver
5% Fruits, vegetables, etc.
INSTINCT GRAIN-FREE NUTRITION FOR CATS
15% Carbs
Grain-free and gluten-free
Omega fatty acids for healthy skin and coat
Specially formulated for rotation feeding
Complete and balanced for all life stages and all breeds

Beef, Beef Liver, Beef Broth, Tricalcium Phosphate, Ground Flaxseeds, Montmorillonite Clay, Eggs, Calcium Carbonate, Peas, Carrots, Lecithin, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Potassium Chloride, Dried Kelp, Salt, Taurine, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide), Artichokes, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Tomato, Blueberries, Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Parsley.

We are currently sourcing rabbit meat for our raw diets (including our exclusive freeze dried rabbit Bio-Coating™) and for our canned diets from a supplier in China. In order to ensure the quality of these suppliers, members of our management team have personally visited and audited the facilities. Nature's Variety also has a PhD food scientist on staff in China, who visits the facility and monitors meat quality. In addition, samples from shipments received from this supplier are submitted to an independent lab for testing. All results of testing and auditing have matched our specifications for quality and nutrition.
http://www.naturesvariety.com/learning/questions/5
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 07:56:27 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Nature's Variety Instinct Canned
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2012, 02:26:49 AM »
 And the first official review is in!

stickouttongue catsterpuke

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2012, 02:32:26 AM »
Um, anyone wondering what

"Specially formulated for rotation feeding" means?
Crammed everything in there so it wouldn't "clash" with whatever the humans eat the next day?  ...Peas, Carrots,...Artichokes, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Tomato, Blueberries, Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Parsley..

They may want to put down the crackpipe before attempting to concoct their marketing catchprashes in the future.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 02:36:45 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2012, 09:21:14 AM »
And there's that Montmorillonite Clay again.  It's in all their foods.  All their wet and raw foods anyway, I didn't bother to check the dry.  And the Prairie line, which I might have considered, for my girl who likes "stew" style foods, has spinach. bangshead

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
Nature's Variety Instinct Canned
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2012, 10:23:49 AM »
I'm about to try three flavors

Beef, Chicken, and Lamb.  They are expensive, but the other brands are catching up quickly. I notice brands like this are starting to sell "half cases" to make their prices look better.

These foods are high in calories, so I plan to feed them in combination with low calorie foods, such as Weruva.  This will help balance the day out.

The goal is to give the cats a rotation that keeps them carrageenan free at least SOME days.

discussion on carrageenan:

http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=1126.0

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2012, 08:10:29 PM »
Started with the lamb today.  It was well received by all three.  It is very rich, at 259 calories for a 5.5 ounce can, so I didn't give any cat very much of it. I split half a can between the three of them (in addition to their other foods they had today).  They'll get the other half tomorrow, and if no adverse affects, we'll try the beef next.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:54:12 PM »
After four meals of Nature's Variety, my struvite kitty's urine pH has shot up to 7.5.  <sigh>

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2012, 09:43:21 AM »
After four meals of Nature's Variety, my struvite kitty's urine pH has shot up to 7.5.  <sigh>

It is always something...it seems.   bangshead
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 01:42:42 PM »
Well I'm still going to use if for a meal for her every now and then.  Just because, you know, it's so different from the other foods she eats.  But just maybe only one or two meals a week, for her. The other two can finish the can, when I open one, since they don't have the same issue.

That stuff is very caloric though!

Tags: