Author Topic: Natural life  (Read 3651 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Natural life
« on: December 28, 2011, 08:53:40 AM »
Natural life cat food

http://www.nlpp.com/cannedcatfoods.htm

Anyone know anything about this food or the company who manufactures it?

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
Re: Natural life
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 10:54:50 AM »
Miss finicky ate the Natural Life Chicken & Turkey with no ill effects.  I wrote to them asking about where their ingredients are sourced from, and why they add salt  here is the answer: (I mentioned that I would like an honest answer, LOL)

Thank you so much for trying our Chicken & Turkey Platter for your cat.

We are very glad she likes it!

Our ingredients are all sourced from the US ; no ingredients come from China-ever!

To answer why we include salt in our can cat formulas, a balance of sodium is vital for cellular health.

Salt is also added to stimulate drinking and reduce likelihood of urinary blockages-honest answers always!

Please contact us anytime with questions or concerns.

I'm going to try the lamb next, as I want to keep her on a rotation of proteins.  She wouldn't eat the NB lamb. Currently she is getting chicken from a variety of brands, and beef from Merrick. I hope she likes the Naturallife Pet lamb so I can keep her diet as varied as possible.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:21:43 PM »
Good to read they don't get their meat from China.  Not to keen on the salt explanation.  But...it is always something though, isn't it?  pullingouthair

Someone, at my work, was just talking about this food today.  She feeds it to her dog.  The dog food, not the cat food.   Bumpurr1  He had allergies, licked his fur off, and some other fun stuff.  She said he stopped after being fed this brand.   

Hope you have as good of luck with it with your felines!
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2011, 09:04:53 PM »
This was one of Amber's main brands when she was a kitten, before I started making her food, and she still gets it occasionally. I like it, myself.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2012, 05:49:53 PM »
Good to read they don't get their meat from China.  Not to keen on the salt explanation.  But...it is always something though, isn't it?  pullingouthair

Someone, at my work, was just talking about this food today.  She feeds it to her dog.  The dog food, not the cat food.   Bumpurr1  He had allergies, licked his fur off, and some other fun stuff.  She said he stopped after being fed this brand.   

Hope you have as good of luck with it with your felines!

This was one of Amber's main brands when she was a kitten, before I started making her food, and she still gets it occasionally. I like it, myself.

Thanks you guys!  Guess what, she likes the lamb!  Likes?  She went NUTS over it!  This is a cat who has very little interest in food, always approaches her dish suspiciously and often finds more important things to do.  But she ate this Natural Life lamb like she was starving to death, licked the dish clean (which she never does) and was looking for more!

bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild bananamiddlechild

And a 5.5 oz can is only 99 cents. So far I haven't been able to find it on line.  It is marketed and sold as a high end grocery store food.  It feels weird to be buying cat food at the grocery store. funny2

I forgot to ask them about BPA lined cans.  I'll send off an email now. She won't be eating it every day in any case, but still, I like to know these things.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2012, 06:04:33 PM »

That's nice that you and Amber like the same foods.   ;) 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2012, 06:06:35 PM »
MC,
Happy for you and your kitty!   tootgif

Their website says they sell it at Wal-Mart.  Darn...and I WAS considering it.   >:(
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 06:09:38 PM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2012, 06:45:05 PM »
Yes, Walmart (sucks) (sucks) (sucks) (sucks) and other grocery stores.  I found it at Hannaford.  Like I said, it feels weird to be buying cat food at the grocery store again.  I was actually looking for the By Nature brand, which is why I was in that aisle at all. Hannaford used to carry it and I thought I'd give it another try. But they don't carry it any more, only Newman's  Own  and now this Natural Life.

I go to Walmart (sucks) (sucks) (sucks) (sucks) only about once every two months, for cat litter, so I don't know if my local Walmart (sucks) (sucks) (sucks) (sucks) has it, and if they do, how much it might be.  I'll check next time I'm there, may it be a very long time from now, LOL!

<edit> I guess that (sucks) is built right in, eh?  LOL!
<edit again> every time I edit, another sucks is added, oh my gosh that is HILARIOUS

Offline Amber

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2012, 01:41:14 AM »
That's nice that you and Amber like the same foods.  ;)

Haha yeah.  ::)  funny2

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2012, 02:50:47 PM »
OMG I just laughed so hard at MC's post due to all the (sucks) ... But moreso why there ARE so many funny2
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2012, 02:55:27 PM »
OMG I just laughed so hard at MC's post due to all the (sucks) ... But moreso why there ARE so many funny2

Every time she edited her post, another "sucks" shows up. 

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2012, 02:57:58 PM »
I know. Maybe this'll convey better:

OMG I just laughed so hard at MC's post due to all the (sucks) ... But laughed even more so because of why there ARE so many funny2
Brandon

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »
I know. Maybe this'll convey better:

Actually, you conveyed your thoughts perfectly.  It was my reading skills that were lacking.  :-[

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2012, 04:45:31 PM »
Bump put a post, on their FB site, will let you know, when he gets a reply.  :P

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2012, 07:32:24 PM »
Got quite the discussion going on, on the Natural Life site, mol, copied and pasted it. When I get their anser, I will ask about the BHT.  :D

Natural Life Pet Products
With cooler weather showing up across the US, make sure you pets are getting enough food and plenty of fresh water! Most pets will burn more calories in the winter to keep warm so make sure to feed enough Natural Life Pet Products
Like ·  · Reshare · December 21, 2011 at 2:08pm ·
Bump Dausman Pets are going to need plenty of fresh water, as your food is way too high in salt, lol. :-) Are you aware, heart kitties, cannot, have food that is that high in salt? You food is being discussed, on the "knowledgeable" boards. The salt, is my only issue. :-) Thanks!
2 hours ago · Like

Natural Life Pet Products Thank you for your comments! Our cat food is for adult cat's without special needs, salt helps keep the kidneys flush. There are diets that are lower in sodium for cats with heart issues. We don't claim to be a DVM diet.
about an hour ago · Like
Bump Dausman How does salt, keep the kidneys flush? And there are no prescription diets, for heart kitties, lol. :-)
2 minutes ago · Like

Tags: