Author Topic: What is WITH these people?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
What is WITH these people?
« on: May 26, 2012, 08:56:39 AM »
I saw this article then read the comments.  The majority of them were people saying things like "I fed my cats dry and they're healthy and lived 20 years" or "how can I afford to feed wet?"  Or "I don't see any reason in this article that says feeding dry is bad."  Or "have more water fountains and use the right water to keep them hydrated."  What IS it with these people?  Why subscribe to a holistic vet newsletter if you're going to ignore/deny the information?   bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead

http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/05/25/wet-cat-food-diet.aspx

They need to go back to school to work on their reading comprehension skills.  What part of CATS NEED MOISTURE IN THEIR FOOD was NOT clear?!?!?!   bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: What is WITH these people?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2012, 03:08:34 PM »
Feel your frustration, Pookie.  They probably have "vets" selling them sci-die.

If I knew there was a way to post the cat teeth pic, would join & comment, asking them how they expect the animal to "chew" the stuff  bangshead bangshead bangshead

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2012, 07:40:36 AM »
Some people just will not be educated. I've got a friend who is so happy because now her cats are "finally eating more dry" so they are "drinking more".  She thought that would make me happy to know.  :'(  How is it that I can't make her understand that eating more dry so they drink more is not a good thing?  That if she would encourage the wet instead, they wouldn't NEED to "drink more" and they also wouldn't need to be always on weight loss diets.   bangshead 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2012, 04:32:36 PM »
Imagine how Dr. Becker feels.  I can be slow, at times.  That article is prettttty clear...even for me.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: