Author Topic: The Chico Saga Continues on Catsfur  (Read 1783 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
The Chico Saga Continues on Catsfur
« on: July 10, 2011, 09:26:40 AM »
This is what Chico posted this morning, I copied and pasted it, before Catsfur can take it down, which, they will, when they see it.  She put it in the Laws & Legislation section, and titled it "Freedom of Speech/Right to Warn People of Dangerous Information":

I am the one that started the thread "Vital Essentials told me to starve my kitty". Since then, it has been deleted along with ANY thread that has even mentioned the the brand and I have gotten emails from fellow catsters saying that their accounts were suspended after asking about what happened to the thread. My account was delete twice now. Once for the original thread apparently and then another time for coming on here replying to someone that asked about what happened to the thread. All those threads are gone too.

What happened to freedom of speech!? Someone told me maybe this company called Catster and threatened a slander lawsuit. Slander had to be proven to be FALSE information spread about a company. Everything me and all my fellow catsters have said was TRUE and this company even had this information on their website to prove it, which has by the way now been taken down but I have screenshots of what it originally said as do a few others from here.

I think its awful that Catster refuses to let me and whoever else is having troubles posting on here now express the truth to warn fellow cat owners about dangers. Is that now what some of these forums are FOR? If someone was going around poisoning cats, would people NOT want to know about it? What makes this any different?

I am very mad about this all and I bet this thread will be removed as well.

Bump would LOVE, to get involved with this, but..... that would most definately, earn him his final bath, and jail time.   funny2  He is saving "that" for something special. If he is going down, he is going down with a BANG!  flashbang bumpgif Bumpurr1 :P

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: The Chico Saga Continues on Catsfur
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2011, 09:36:17 AM »
I can see several Catsfur rules broken in THAT thread! 
Freedom Of Speech and defamation are a fine line, in Internet Land.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2011, 09:46:18 AM »
She is fighting a loosing battle, which I been thru, and know all too well.  Since its Sun morn, might take Catsfur awhile to find it, she might get some replies, will keep an eye on it.   ::)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »
funny. 

First of all slander is verbal bad mouthing, libel is written.  Secondly, privately owned internet forums do not have to follow "freedom of speech" rules.

Thanks for the morning chuckle. :)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2011, 10:02:39 AM »
Can we "invite" her, mol, Bump wants someone to "play" with, mol, mol, mol.  funny2 :P buddyboo1 thumbsup1 nahnah bumpgif

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2011, 01:25:28 PM »
The way I see it.... (NO ONE has to agree with me.  This is just where my head is at.)

Putting aside the possible legalities of it all...Just going by what we have been able to SEE, concerning both parties, I'm not convinced who is really who and who to believe. 

When I thought Leslie was Chico, talking to herself at Catsfur...I was leaning towards VE's side of the story.  (Leslie posted at Catsfur that she was an employee of VE and she was the one that had the phone conversation with Chico.  But..IS Leslie really a VE employee?  If she is... her posts at Catsfur didn't help VE's reputation.  IMHO, of course.  Leslie mentioning to mix dry kibble with raw was a biggie for me.  If Leslie, being a company rep, doesn't know not to mix kibble with raw...COULD she have also told Chico to basically starve her cat?

I DID Google a few keywords (days ago) and saw several IDs being used, at several forums, telling the story of a VE rep suggesting a consumer starve their cat in order to get the cat to eat VE's raw food. (Paraphrasing)
I understand a person using more than one ID on the Internet.  Even if someone isn't doing creepy things, it IS a good idea. 
I understand a person not wanting to use their real name on the Internet as well. 
I also understand a person being soooooo pizzed, they slam a company all over the Internet.  Not a GOOD idea, but I can understand.

The bottom line is, there is no proof of the exact phone conversation that took place between Chico and Leslie. Chico should "tone it down" for that reason alone.  Again..IMHO.

VE DID have this posted on their website:

There are differing stories as to WHO put it there and why.

For the above reasons...this juror hasn't voted. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2011, 12:53:21 PM »
Any signs of Chico anywhere lately?