Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 477 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
What would you do?
« on: September 03, 2018, 03:38:49 PM »
Ugh so annoyed! I fed the cats and got all their meals out for tonight and the morning.  Then I prepared my salad things for the week, including tonight's salad.

I MEANT to do the salad stuff first, but forgot.  Then after I was all done with the salad stuff I couldn't remember if I'd washed my hands after feeding the cats and handling their meals. I had washed their dishes yes, so my hands were in soapy water and running rinse water (burning hot)  but I could not remember actually washing my hands before starting with the lettuce and celery and all. I am sure I did, as it's just automatic. I wash my hands a thousand times a day.  But I just couldn't remember doing it. I fretted for about ten minutes then dumped it all out for the bunnies and washed my hands and started over.

Would you have done the same? Or would have just assumed you DID wash your hands and carry on?

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 06:42:51 PM »
I am also VERY anal about hand wishing.  I would probably live on the edge, and assume I washed.  BUT I also know my hand washing habit is stronger then my memory.   Silly7
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
Mine is too. But with my anxiety, I decided not to risk it. I just remembered something. A couple of weeks ago I threw out the pot of popcorn I'd just made, for the same reasons.  I'm beginning to see a pattern.

Maybe paranoia brought on by Jennie's campylobacter infection?  Even though neither I, nor the other two cats got it? Obviously I'm doing something right.

Tags: