Non Species Specific Furkid Topics > Pet Meds

Metcam, Clavamox, Convenia in Cats

(1/6) > >>

Kittymom4:
Okay - so I'll be headed to the vet's office soon when the new baby arrives.  I have a really good vet - great in fact.  I don't know if they even use Metacam for cats and it wouldn't surprise me at all if it's office policy not to.  However to cover all my bases I want some info and want to put some DO NOT USE on all my kitties vet records.  They already have the Non-adjuvant only rabies because we can choose 1 year or 3 year here in Virginia which of course is an adjuvant or non version of the shot.

So I pretty much know the deal on Metacam - I came across some of the info by accident.  What do you all have to say about Clavamox and Convenia for cats?  Yes or No what's your opinion or do you have any research I should look up.  I of, course will do my own looking.  But I just wanted you all to thrown in your two cents here.

Thanks!

Lola:
Middle Child seems to be prettttty informed (and experienced) in meds.  Hopefully, she will stop by later today, to help you out. 

KatieAndMe:
I took Katie in for an initial exam after I adopted her from my local animal control. She was diagnosed with gingivitis and given both the Metcam and Covenia. I didn't know anything about these drugs until I researched them and now I'm very concerned about it. Her gingivitis is better but will it come back? She was in terrible pain and I don't want her to go through that again.   

Kittymom4:
You have to keep up with cat's dental care throughout their lives.  Mine have a dental cleaning about every 3 years or so - dog too!  Grace just had her first this past Feb(usually dental health month for your vet).  Her breath was getting funky now she is clean and fresh  ;D

I plan budget wise and usually with the 3 cats and the dog one has a cleaning every year.  It's a chunk of change but it's sooo much cheaper in the long run to keep up with it.  It's easier on the cat and it only takes about 30

finnlacey:
Clavamox is fine but it tends to give many kitties diarrhea. Covenia is very overused and has some serious side effects.
http://www.catinfo.org/?link=convenia

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version