Author Topic: Honest Kitchen Beams?  (Read 2247 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Honest Kitchen Beams?
« on: October 03, 2012, 11:03:14 PM »
Thoughts?

Beams are our brand new chew treat, made with just one savory ingredient - dried Atlantic Catfish skin from the crisp, clean waters of Iceland. They're guaranteed to satisfy the pickiest of pups and are the perfect treat alternative to dried chicken snacks or bully sticks!

Ingredients:
100% Wild-caught Atlantic Catfish skins

https://shop.thehonestkitchen.com/catalog/partlist.aspx?CategoryID=155
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Honest Kitchen Beams?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 12:42:20 PM »
Our corgi doesn't like fishy things, so I won't even try buying them. I don't buy things for just one of them specifically. They both get the same things to prevent jealousy issues--and those will develop even when one won't touch it. Then you end up double treating the other b/c the picky one walked away from it and the piggy one grabs it before you can.

I gave the link to my daughter-in-law though. It says "pickiest of pups" but I don't see why you can't give them to cats to chew on too. I'll let you know if she tries them.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 02:06:48 PM »
I didn't have any plans to give them to the cats.  We also have two dogs.   ;D I'm just always looking for something new...variety.  For the most part, our dogs are not picky.  Wasn't sure about the fish aspect of the product. 
I'm like you...if one doesn't like something, no one gets it.  Gotta keep life simple where I can!  

Our corgi doesn't like fishy things, so I won't even try buying them. I don't buy things for just one of them specifically. They both get the same things to prevent jealousy issues--and those will develop even when one won't touch it. Then you end up double treating the other b/c the picky one walked away from it and the piggy one grabs it before you can.

I gave the link to my daughter-in-law though. It says "pickiest of pups" but I don't see why you can't give them to cats to chew on too. I'll let you know if she tries them.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2012, 02:08:53 PM by Lola »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 05:26:34 PM »
Well someone sent me a couple of samples of these things for dogs http://www.yummychummies.com/grain-free.html but since Barkly won't eat fish, I didn't even open them. But her cats went nuts for them. That's why I sent her the catfish treats info.   :D
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2012, 08:53:19 PM »
Well someone sent me a couple of samples of these things for dogs http://www.yummychummies.com/grain-free.html but since Barkly won't eat fish, I didn't even open them. But her cats went nuts for them. That's why I sent her the catfish treats info.   :D

Interesting product.  If I tried them, it would be for the dogs.  I don't feed our cats fish.  Too risky...usually. IF you are interested...  http://www.littlebigcat.com/nutrition/why-fish-is-dangerous-for-cats/

Tags: