Author Topic: Purina Recalls DuMOR® Sheep Formula  (Read 1151 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Purina Recalls DuMOR® Sheep Formula
« on: February 25, 2015, 07:09:18 PM »
Purina makes sick and/or kills sheep too? 

February 23, 2015 — ARDEN HILLS, MINN. — Purina Animal Nutrition LLC has initiated a limited voluntary recall of DuMOR® Sheep Formula in Florida due to the potential for a higher-than-acceptable level of copper, which can cause health issues and potential mortality. There has been one report of sheep mortality associated with the single lot that is being recalled.

Symptoms of copper toxicity in sheep include: lethargy and anemia, grinding of teeth, thirst, off feed/poor appetite, pale to yellow mucous membranes, red/dark purple colored urine and recumbancy. Death usually occurs one to two days after onset of clinical symptoms.

Customers should discontinue feeding the product immediately. The product was distributed to seven Tractor Supply Company stores in Florida. The recall is limited to DuMOR® Sheep Formula produced at the Lake City, Florida plant on Nov. 28, 2014.

The single lot number is:

Formula No.Item No.DescriptionLot No.
55EA0047317DuMOR® Sheep Formula4NOV28LKC1

Customers can find the lot number on the sewing strip of each bag. The product was only distributed in Florida.

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/ucm435383.htm?source=govdelivery&utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Purina Recalls DuMOR® Sheep Formula
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 07:29:09 PM »
Purina likes killing EVERYTHING. http://www.clevescene.com/cleveland/poisoned-by-purina-the-case-of-the-alpaca-massacre/Content?oid=1505542 After all, they need those 4D animals to make more food for the unsuspecting owners whose animals would never survive if it weren't for Purina researching what the species needs and making a chow especially for it.

http://purinamills.com/

If it's ever been captured, put in a zoo, turned into a pet, they've got a "chow" for it. It doesn't matter if it makes monkeys fat and mildly diabetic, it's by Purina, and of course they care the most about what we care about.

Okay. I need to go catsterpuke now after spewing some of that garbage.

NOTICE: This reply is full of sarcasm and in no way should be considered an "I LOVE PURINA" propaganda plug. Because I don't love them one little bit. I don't care how many Westminster dogs eat ProPlan. Mine never will.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: