Author Topic: Admin password on personal computer  (Read 4733 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Admin password on personal computer
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2016, 08:10:08 PM »

If there is a password in Windows, using the computers BIOS will have no effect because the BIOS has no access to the system hard drive, where the operating system is stored. More likely there is no password, as you first stated. And ctrl-Alt-delete is used within Windows, all it will do outside Windows (during boot up) is reboot.

I forgot that you need the boot-up CD or USB. Been a while since my son got in trouble at school for becoming bored.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2016, 08:14:01 PM »
o_o I have no comment on that particular statement :p
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2016, 08:15:39 PM »
Hey. I thought it was kind of inventive of him. The school where he reset the admin password and gained access, not so much.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2016, 08:18:27 PM »
Hey. I thought it was kind of inventive of him. The school where he reset the admin password and gained access, not so much.

Oh I was uh, referring to the latter :D ......... My middle school actually banned me from all computer access the last two weeks of the year because I kept finding ways around their filters and eventual account lock funny2
Brandon

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2016, 08:26:24 PM »
Oh I was uh, referring to the latter :D ......... My middle school actually banned me from all computer access the last two weeks of the year because I kept finding ways around their filters and eventual account lock funny2

Ok, that's it. You two (or should I say, Dee's son and you, Brandon) officially scare me.  But I definitely know who to ask if I need pc help!   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2016, 08:32:58 PM »
Hey, they're the ones that made the mistake of giving me access to a computer with network administrative rights one time funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 can't fault me for taking advantage a little bit!! :D

And it's funny because I actually learned a lot about Windows networking in the process, which enabled me to have near-instant success when I finally got a few computers of my own to network up to a web server :)
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 08:34:42 PM by AK49BWL »
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2016, 08:36:24 PM »
I blame it on the lack of properly instructing the users that were supposed to be supervising him and his classmates. And I told them that.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2016, 12:25:01 PM »
I blame it on the lack of properly instructing the users that were supposed to be supervising him and his classmates. And I told them that.

Are you a "MY Johnny is innocent"... kind of parent? 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2016, 03:11:58 PM »
Nope. He got punished. But I didn't appreciate them not supervising them well enough. I had a Net-Nanny at home for when my back was turned.

They had nothing but expectations that kids didn't know what they were doing with a keyboard in their hands just because they didn't know any of it. I absolutely did NOT appreciate finding out that they were free-flying through the 'net.

Tags: