Author Topic: Why are European dogs so well behaved?  (Read 1568 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Why are European dogs so well behaved?
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:54:24 PM »
This is SO true about how dogs are treated in other countries. I've talked to a lot of people from Britain, and some have visited here. They've said that so many things are wrong with the way ours act.

I wish that my beloved United States had the same attitude about dogs. I especially wish that so many people weren't driven to try to meet my dogs. I wish parents would watch their children better too. You know--like put the freaking phones down.

RECENTLY, I VISITED AMERICAN FRIENDS IN the UK who had moved from Dallas to London’s Kensington South. Since relocating, they had adopted a cat and were considering getting a puppy. However, after reviewing their previous dog experiences, they realized that the dogs they raised had not been nearly as well behaved as the dogs they saw in their new city.

As we chatted over drinks, they asked my opinion as a dog trainer: Why were the dogs in London behaved better than the dogs back home? What were dog owners in London doing differently?

I told them I would make it a point to watch dogs as we traveled through England, Belgium and France, and report back to them. Following are my observations.

Continued at: http://thebark.com/content/why-are-european-dogs-so-well-behaved
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Why are European dogs so well behaved?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 06:20:44 PM »
That's pretty funny.  I belong to a UK based forum and there are threads every day, members complaining about other people's dogs, and how rude they (both dogs and people) are.  funny2

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Why are European dogs so well behaved?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 06:24:19 PM »
LMAO. I guess those people aren't into training like my friends are.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: