Author Topic: Never would have thought it possble....  (Read 377 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Never would have thought it possble....
« on: April 07, 2018, 03:58:35 PM »
The girls met my friend J today. This is the first time I've ever had her here.  Jennie and Queen Eva acted as expected. Jennie ignored her at first, being busy in the bathroom window.  Later she came out and said a casual hello and accepted any attention J was willing to offer.  Queen Eva hid for a few minutes, then came out and started showing off her toys.

Mazy cat, as expected went to her Safe Spot.  I checked on her a couple of times, each time Mazy cat looked a little scared and stressed and didn't speak. The third time I checked on her she spoke to me, so I invited J to come in and say hello.  J looked up and in an appropriately soft speak to cats voice said hello to Mazy cat.

Mazy cat spoke to her! 

Mazy cat stood up, spoke again and started rubbing her face along her perch!  Mazy cat then spoke to me, indicating she was thinking of coming down and asking for reassurance, and I told her if she wanted to come down it was fine, so she came down to waist height and stuck her neck out toward J!

J tentatively reached her hand out and Mazy cat sniffed it.  I expected her to draw back but instead she head bumped J's hand!  I think I was in shock.  Mazy cat turned as if she was going to go back up to her Safe Spot so we went back into the living room.

A few minutes later Mazy cat came out and then this happened.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: Never would have thought it possble....
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2018, 03:59:36 PM »
Look at her tail! Look where she's pressed the tip of it I mean!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2018, 04:00:15 PM »
more

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2018, 04:01:36 PM »
And finally, later in the day as we were sitting in the living room talking, J on the chair, me on the couch, Mazy cat positioned herself between us, FACING J!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2018, 04:36:41 PM »
Wow. Just. Wow! If that doesn't tell you that you've got a good friend, nothing will.                                                   

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2018, 04:47:07 PM »
I told J I always knew she was special, and this proves it. Mazy cat has never ever behaved that way to anyone.  I mean, I hardly ever have anyone here, just my other friend D, and my sister.  Mazy cat has known both of them all her life.  She does now get a little friendly to my sister, now that I think about it, but it takes her hours to do it and it took her years to even come out when my sister is here. This was a first time meeting.

It can't only be the Rescue Remedy.  There IS something special about J. I've always known it, since we first met.  We met at work, though she left soon after I started.  I gave her a good luck card when she left.  She gave me her e mail address and I followed up. I'm so glad I did, it has turned out to be a very rewarding friendship.  I hope she feels the same way.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2018, 10:31:14 PM »
Wow. Just. Wow! If that doesn't tell you that you've got a good friend, nothing will.                                                   

What Dee said.   thumbsup1

BTW, you've probably mentioned it before, but I've never really noticed the stripes and . . . sort of leopard spots on her sides before.  They really stood out in some of those pictures.  Beautiful!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2018, 07:02:23 AM »
Her targets?  Those are classic tabby markings.  love1

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2018, 08:07:37 AM »
This is just wonderful! Cats can sense cat people.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2018, 08:48:16 AM »
This is just wonderful! Cats can sense cat people.

Thank you!  They can, it's true.  But my friend D is a cat person too, and Mazy cat has never acted this way toward her, though she's known her all her 14 years of life.

I wonder.....J lost her beloved Ralphie last summer and is still grieving.  Perhaps Mazy cat understands that.  I did tell them (the cats) about Ralphie at the time.

Offline ThreeStep

• Chatter Bug
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2018, 03:08:34 PM »
Male, female, body chemistry, just god ol' hitting it off?

Tags:

'Hare