Author Topic: Little House On The Prairie  (Read 1571 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Little House On The Prairie
« on: August 21, 2018, 06:07:56 PM »
It is back on TV.  I get it on Cozi TV.  3 episodes back to back.   :D

I LOVED the Little House books, as a kid.  LOVE the TV series also.  No, I don't care how old it is.   Silly7

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Little House On The Prairie
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2018, 07:17:34 PM »
How funny you should mention it, I was just thinking about reading those books again.  Usually I like to read them in winter, so I suspect it was the drop in temperature that got me thinking about them. I get a hankering every 5 or 10 years.

I never got to watch the tv show. Wonder if it's on netflix dvd.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2018, 09:55:17 PM »
Vaguely remember watching some of it when I was little.  Or maybe Sister watched and I was tagging along to bother Sister.   Silly7  I don't remember it well, but I get Cozi, too, and haven't really had an interest in watching it.  I do find myself watching MASH re-runs on MeTV.  But I digress.

I'm glad you're enjoying Little House again!   thumbsup1
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2018, 06:31:59 AM »
Isn't it great to find something you enjoy over and over? There are a couple of movies I could probably turn off the sound:)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2018, 04:09:23 PM »
Isn't it great to find something you enjoy over and over? There are a couple of movies I could probably turn off the sound:)

Oh yes!  I have a few comfort movies.  Big Miracle. When Harry Met Sally. True Grit (original). Holiday. Philadelphia. Sound of Music. (the only musical I've ever been able to tolerate, let alone love)

DVD sets I own, for "after work doing the chores" are: I rotate Mary Tyler Moore, Friends, Rhoda, That Girl, 1st two seasons of My Three Sons (all I can find), and 1st two seasons of Room 222 (ditto)

I have  two other dvd series I use for sit down watching (or re-wathcing I guess) Call the Midwife and 7th heaven.  I only just got 7th Heaven about 4 months ago and am still working my way through the 11 seasons. Call the Midwife is still making new seasons, I think there are two more planned (just finished 7)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2018, 04:52:44 PM »
I didn't see all The Little House episodes.  They seem to running them in order, so maybe I will catch them all this time around.  :)  I don't get to see it every day.  3 hours is a long time to watch TV every single day.  I don't sit still very well. lol

Comfort TV... would be the perfect description!

I was on a MeTV run for a while.  Lots of oldies.  I tend to get stuck on one channel for months at a time.  I'm over MASH for a while. lol

Friends... I think they rotated partners waaaaaay to much.   Silly7

Never heard of Call The Midwife. 

MC - Have you watched "Mom" on Netflix?  I find it hysterical ...in small doses. 

Urban Cowboy is a movie I can watch over and over. 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2018, 06:28:11 PM »
I only have netflix dvd, so no, I don't watch their tv shows.  Call the Midwife is a British show based on the memoirs of Jennifer Worth, a midwife in post war  (WW II) east end of London. I miss all the original cast so much, but the show is still good.  The 7th season though brings us into the 1960s and with the rehousing going on, more hospital delivers and the emergence of birth control pills, you know there isn't going to be much more of it.

I highly recommend it.

I couldn't watch TV for 3 hours either. I can't watch a movie in one sitting.  I can only sit and watch for a half hour max, usually less, before I have to pause and do something for a while.  I can lie on the couch and read for much longer though.  :)

Tags: