Author Topic: Disheartening  (Read 952 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Disheartening
« on: December 28, 2015, 07:30:54 PM »
http://dailyheadlines.net/2015/11/wounded-warriors-execs-make-out-like-bandits-actual-wounded-warriors-not-so-much/

DC Clothesline: In the first version of this article, I used the 2012-2013 Wounded Warrior Project 990 Tax Forms. This updated version is using the 2013-2014 Wounded Warrior Project 990 Tax Forms. (Thank you, David Isakson, for all of your assistance) I had made some errors in my original reporting; I am not a forensic accountant and had misread some of the figures or gotten the figures from the wrong columns. I will not be making those mistakes again. The 2012-2013 and the 2013-2014 tax forms are hyperlinked, so feel free to peruse the documents for yourselves. We should not be surprised to find out that yet another ‘charity’ claiming to ‘help’ Veterans is more interested in the salaries of their executives and funding the vicious cycle of advertisement…raise funds…spend it on advertisement…raise funds…ad nauseum. But just the raw figures from their own reporting:

And here's the problem. Some say he's the one cooking the books while he's pointing fingers at WWP. So who's telling the real truth?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2015, 07:39:52 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Disheartening
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2015, 02:18:49 PM »
I had heard a while back this organization wasn't exactly what people thought it was.  Unfortunately.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: