Author Topic: Bart - The Cat Risen From The Dead  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Bart - The Cat Risen From The Dead
« on: February 11, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »
If anyone has been following this story... heart breaking!  How much is rumor and how much is fact...

Bart made headlines last month after his owner, Ellis Wayne Hutson, told multiple media outlets that Bart had miraculously risen from the grave. Hutson said Bart was hit by a car and appeared to be dead, so Hutson got his neighbors to help bury him. Five days later, he said, a bedraggled and seriously injured Bart showed up in the neighbors’ yard.

Did the owner bury Bart alive?

The video features Bart shortly after he returned home, and a woman’s voice can be heard saying, "He might not have been dead. 'Cause when I found him … he was moving and stuff."

One point of contention is the length of time that Hutson took to seek care for Bart -- whose injuries included severe head trauma, a broken jaw and a dead eye -- after Bart came home. She says the owner’s timeline regarding when he found the cat and when he brought the cat in for care keeps changing.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/03/zombie-cat-bart-ellis-hutson-humane-society_n_6606720.html

There is also rumor of past animal cruelty charges that were later dropped. 

Bart's family is now suing the Humane Society Of Tampa Bay to get Bart back. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Bart - The Cat Risen From The Dead
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2015, 06:13:27 PM »
Yep. Bart was obviously buried alive if he was buried. That much I know. The rest is just "we'll see what happens when it finally happens."
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 06:39:14 PM »
If I had to pull a guess out of my azz...
Bart was BADLY hurt.  The owner(s) assumed he was barely alive... couldn't (or didn't want to) afford medical treatment...buried him. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 06:44:04 PM »
There are some sick people in this world. The cat at least deserved a peaceful death. The whole story sounds like days of suffering to me. That's just unconscionable.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 06:45:42 PM »
That's just unconscionable.

Yup.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 06:53:47 PM »
In the original story it was stated that "vets declared the cat dead".  But later you hear nothing about that.  I stopped following it, it upset me so much.  The fact that these people are prepared to "sue" for a cat they buried alive says a lot about what low lives they are.  Just looking for their 5 minutes of fame.  I hope the suit turns back on them and they get slapped with cruelty charges.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 07:02:20 PM »
Like you... I read the first story and had to stop reading after that.  My curiosity got the better of me today though.  Sooooo I Googled for an update.  As SICKENING as the story is... I am glad Bart is doing better.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing

Tags: