Author Topic: Blue Naturally Fresh Cat Litter.  (Read 1330 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Blue Naturally Fresh Cat Litter.
« on: April 24, 2014, 08:42:47 PM »
I think this is new..

BLUE Naturally Fresh is a major advance in cat litter because it’s made with walnut shells, which provide superior odor control and have greater absorption capacity than the leading brand cat litters. What’s more, BLUE Naturally Fresh is 100% natural and environmentally-friendly.

NO chemicals, NO toxins, NO worries.
Made without any harmful ingredients, BLUE Naturally Fresh is safe for you and your cat or kitten.

USA-made.
All of the walnut shells used to make BLUE Naturally Fresh are homegrown in the USA!

Unlike clay litters which throw off silica dust, BLUE Naturally Fresh is virtually dust-free...
http://www.bluebuffalo.com/healthy-home/naturally-fresh-clumping-cat-litter

Walnut shells?  Interesting...
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:44:50 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Blue Naturally Fresh Cat Litter.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2014, 09:22:36 PM »
I'm not positive, but I think walnut shells are poisonous to dogs and horses. I was told a long time ago to keep our dogs away from a black walnut tree that grew between ours and another house when we were in town. I'd always go out there and pick them up every time they went out. Of course a horse in the house wouldn't be a worry, but you've got a dog. Better check.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Blue Naturally Fresh Cat Litter.
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:21:02 AM »
Thanks for the info, DeeDee!

According to VPI Pet Insurance, walnut poisoning is one of the most common claims for toxic ingestion.

https://www.petinsurance.com/healthzone/pet-articles/pet-health-toxins/Nut-Dangers-to-Dogs.aspx
« Last Edit: April 25, 2014, 04:24:59 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: