Author Topic: CBD hemp oil named a Schedule I drug by DEA  (Read 1162 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
CBD hemp oil named a Schedule I drug by DEA
« on: December 17, 2016, 06:11:31 PM »
If you're using it for you or your pets, I'd buy up. Anyone else have any insight on this???

(KMGH) - A cannabidiol hemp oil used by some families of children with seizures has been officially named a Schedule I drug by the Drug Enforcement Administration.

"Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse," the DEA says on its website.

That puts the oil in the same category as heroin, LSD, ecstasy, meth, peyote and marijuana.

More at: http://www.newschannel5.com/news/national/cbd-hemp-oil-named-a-schedule-i-drug-by-dea

I do believe they're talking about the hemp oil as well even if it doesn't get anyone high.

The DEA responded to say any cannabis plant extract that contains CBD and no other cannabinoids will still fall within the new drug code.

Read the details about the new drug code here.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: CBD hemp oil named a Schedule I drug by DEA
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2018, 11:02:41 AM »
So, it might be that the Dragon has finally started rearing its ugly head. In my email:

Dogs Naturally Market Logo

Hey it's Dana,

Dee It's time for me to take a stand ...

.. and that means it's time for you to SAVE 10% Off EVERYTHING in the DNM Market:

48 Hour Sale

Just use the Discount Code DEAD2US at checkout to save 10% off the Entire Store (until Tuesday Jan 30 at midnight ET).

https://market.dogsnaturallymagazine.com

Why are we having this sale?

Because PayPal threatened to shut down our account unless we removed all our hemp and CBD products from our store.

I don't take well to threats ... especially when hemp and CBD products are 100% legal, safe and backed by scientific research.

So I'm "sticking it to the man" and instead of removing some of your favorite products, I'm just going to dump Paypal!​

So this means a couple of things for you ...

#1 - The Dogs Naturally Market Can No Longer Accept PayPal Payments
Unfortunately, that's PayPal's decision and not mine. Of course, we accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and most debit cards ... and we'll soon be offering Apple Pay and Android Pay in the very near future for your convenience. But PayPal has made it loud and clear they don't want you to buy hemp and CBD oil.

#2 - You Save 10% Off The Entire Store
If you're a PayPal user, I'm hoping you'll support my decision ... and I'm taking 10% off the entire store for the next two days to entice you to try it out!

Just use the Discount Code DEAD2US at checkout to save.

I will not let large companies decide which products we carry in the DNM Market. I think you'll agree with that decision, so join me in saying ...

... %$*& you PayPal!

Now go help me celebrate our fight for natural alternatives and grab yourself some discounted loot:

There's a funny animated .gif that goes with it, but it's not quite so family-friendly, so I'm not posting it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2018, 01:22:11 PM »
CBD and hemp oil are used quite a lot by people in the IBD group.  Charlotte's Web seems to be the preferred brand, and the for-humans formula is recommended by those who use it,  though there are other brands mentioned.

I have never felt comfortable with trying it for Mazy cat.

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 02:51:52 PM »
Anything to keep big Pharma happy eh. Bunch of BS.
Brandon

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 04:33:20 PM »
Nope. It's NOT legal here in TN without a prescription--and that's just CBD. Pot isn't legal. If it's a small enough amount, you're really not going to get into trouble for pot though.

A bunch of places here in TN were busted today for CBD-Gummies.

23 Rutherford Co. Stores Padlocked For Allegedly Selling Candy With CBD

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/23-rutherford-county-stores-padlocked-after-drug-investigation

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2

They've been lying to everyone here. CBD oil derived from hemp IS freaking legal!

https://www.newschannel5.com/news/charges-could-be-dropped-in-operation-candy-crush

Tags: