Author Topic: ALERTS: Nutro-IAMS-Natural Balance  (Read 4142 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
ALERTS: Nutro-IAMS-Natural Balance
« on: January 20, 2012, 12:19:53 AM »
Warn your friends & contacts.  The usual suspects ...same ol' issues keeping on coming...

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/iams.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/nutro.html

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/pets/natural_balance.html

Just a note:
On a couple, like IAMS, it says they are "TRUSTED" Company of consumer affairs (when you click on the "Co. responses" after peoples' complaints, the logo comes up there too.)  IMO would be prudent to spread the word to notify people and/or Attorneys OUTSIDE of consumer affairs, and not theirs.  Biased, IMO.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 12:24:38 AM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: ALERTS: Nutro-IAMS-Natural Balance
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2012, 09:57:21 AM »
Iams subscribes to ConsumerAffairs.com Reputation Management, a service which provides businesses with timely alerts when consumers file complaints or comments, enabling them to respond quickly and effectively.

I would ASSuME an Iams representative (for example) had to prove who s/he was, in able to respond to complaints posted.  
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 10:00:24 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2012, 01:36:23 PM »
Here's what comes up, Lola

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2012, 08:18:58 AM »
Consumer Affairs allows a company rep to respond to consumer complaints.  What makes them "trusted" is that they had to prove they were a company rep, and not just anyone.  
The use of the Trusted Seal is what alerts readers that the company rep responses are legitimate.

It isn't that the company is trust worthy or that Consumer Affairs "backs" them.  It is just that the person responding to complaints has been verified as an actual company rep.  

Clear as mud?

Example:
I could sign up on Twitter as Tom Selleck.  ;)  Since I am not Tom Selleck, I wouldn't be able to get my account verified...because I wouldn't have any proof that I am him.
However, if Tom Selleck signs up at Twitter as Tom Selleck...he could verify who he is.  Therefore, his account would have a little check mark next to his account name.  That tells readers the account has been verified, by Twitter, that it is TRULY Tom Selleck using an account with that name.   
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 08:22:20 AM by Lola »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
It doesn't do any good.  I have sent alerts on these brands (and Purina) to everyone I know with pets.  Most didn't even bother to respond.  Until it happens to them, they don't care.  Price and convenience wins the day, every time. The ones that have responded say the same things "it's a complaint board, naturally you are going to read complaints there".  "They are just a few out of millions who feed these foods."  "Their pets were probably already sick, or they got a random bad batch"  "I have always fed this brand, my pets have always thrived (I beg to differ on the use of the term "thrived") I trust them completely"

"Just a few out of millions" really gets me.  I bet if if was YOUR pet who was one of those "few out of millions" you'd be singing a different tune.

Not just for the brands listed in this thread, but the Purina, especially. Many people don't even realize what they are feeding IS Purina. When I urge them to look again, I get the same old song and dance, see above.  It's very frustrating. I can't do any more.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2012, 10:37:25 AM »
MC
I agree that people not having any issues, tend to blow off comments on sites like Consumer Affairs and such.  BUT...there is always that ONE person that may Google for info and stumble on that website...and others.  For that ONE person's pet...for that ONE person that will listen...it is worth it.  IMHO

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2012, 10:46:47 AM »
Yep, and that's what I said in another forum where I got blown off.  I said that at least now the info is out there for anyone who wants to use it.  Now, if you notice something wrong with YOUR pet, you will know to suspect the food.

I bought a couple cases of the NB plateful pouches a few weeks ago.  I got them to be used only as garnish when my Little Cat won't eat, they work like forti flora for her, LOL!  I've only used about 3 pouches in the past three weeks, as I only top the food with about half a tablespoon of the NB food, and none in the last five days.  I haven't seen any complaints about the pouches, but I am watching carefully, and I won't purchase them again.