Author Topic: Billy Joel Handling the Mediots @ Superbowl  (Read 3593 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Billy Joel Handling the Mediots @ Superbowl
« on: February 04, 2012, 03:48:59 PM »
Reasons # 643,462  I love Billy Joel
This is classic, priceless  funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Billy Joel Handling the Mediots @ Superbowl
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 12:10:14 AM »
Help me understand...why did he do the interview?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 01:06:20 AM »
Like he was saying, they wanted him to, when he was only gonna do a 1:27 song (the Anthem)  -- he kept wondering why it wasn't Prince who was doing the HalfTime show getting the attention.

He's a reeeeeeealy down-to-earth interview, and the natural candor doesn't hurt. That's why he's probably the most interviewed person around.  Could spend weeks watching all the interviews he's done, on youtube -- they're alllll the same. He answers honestly.
He's just as unpretentious no matter who he's around. 

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2012, 01:42:29 AM »
Gonna keep rambling  Bumpurr1 
Gotta admit some of those questions WERE utterly stupid. The one alleged "journalist" goes to a Press conference, for national TV, and asks a question about a specific song and don't even know the right name of the song?   :o   bangshead

BJ  would make time to talk to ANYbody.  For so mannnny years as well as presently, instead of time he could have been touring more making $$$ (people have asked him about this), he still goes to all these schools/colleges and has these chatfests with music students -- Town Hall-Assemblies-type things.   Don't charge a dime.  Has always wanted people who were getting into music to know the stuff he wished he would have known when he started out.  He started doing this way back  (it's nothing new.)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2012, 08:25:50 AM »
I hope, he learns the words, and doesn't **F** up, like Christina Agular did, at Super Bowl XLV, in Cowboys Stadium, in Dallas Texas!!!!!!!!!

The Cowboys should have shot her! Jerry Jones should have refused to pay her!

>:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Respect The Star

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2012, 02:49:24 PM »
I hope, he learns the words, and doesn't **F** up, like Christina Agular did, at Super Bowl XLV, in Cowboys Stadium, in Dallas Texas!!!!!!!!!

The Cowboys should have shot her! Jerry Jones should have refused to pay her!
 >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Respect The Star

I saw the Agular video & made it 1/3 through it, OMG, I don't know what she sings like when she performs (not familiar with her, only know the name) but she ought to be ashamed of that.

Think Madonna's singing it this year. She's a Pro, they should be safe this year. 

I never knew Whitney Houston's was recorded.  Everybody wanted it to be absolutely perfect (Gulf War had just started) & that's why she did it in studio.

Then there was Garth Brooks who wasn't gonna sing when the day came cause NBC wouldn't play his new video. They were ready to ask Bon Jovi (who was in attendance) to pinch hit.  Garth gave in, but that's why they now ask for a pre-recorded version of the NA singers' versions now. 

Billy remembered the words   ;D   (this was in '07.)  It was not only raining, he accompanied himself on Piano in the rain, AND the technical moron on the TV crew had put the auto tune on the mic and Billy didn't know it -- until the time came!!   :o >:(  You can see his annoyance at the very beginning, and how he adjusted

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2012, 06:42:32 PM »
Like he was saying, they wanted him to, when he was only gonna do a 1:27 song (the Anthem)  -- he kept wondering why it wasn't Prince who was doing the HalfTime show getting the attention.

I did hear him say that.   ;D 
The entire interview just seemed kind of odd. 

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2012, 10:03:42 PM »
Those Mediots probably thought they were "interviewing" Cal Ripken, Jr.

I mean listen to those questions?

They sounded like 6th graders when somebody famous visits a classroom cause the teacher knows him.  People who do that for a living, earning paychecks for it, have GOT to come up with better than "how do you feel"?  Even after the fact, it's still a stupid question because EVERY mediot asks it, all the time.  How do you THINK the person feels, moron?!

Just once I want one of those stars to answer "Like pooping myself, really".   

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2012, 10:27:11 PM »
Some more fine work --

XRays are negative, his toe is not broken -- get a load of the 1st question you hear  Doh1 Doh1

This question is asked in both Spanish (first) & English for Radio,  to Alex Rodriguez at the press conference after he'd hit his 600th home run -- this one's a doozie!  
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:41:07 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2012, 05:22:26 PM »
Kelly Clarkson sang at Super Bowl XLVI, thought she did a really good job. At least she remembered the words.

I didn't think the Half Time show with Madonna was that great.  I like Madonna, like her music, but that just sounded like a mis-mash, per say, didn't flow smooth.  Today, on some of the shows, they were saying, she lip sinked it. Heck, if they are just doing karryoke, Bump could put on a better show, lip sink the words, and at a much cheaper price, than she was paid.  Nice touch, MIA giving the finger, which the 7 second delay people missed. They had to issue an apology.

Whitney Houston performed at halftime at one of the Super Bowls Dallas played in, and she had the nerve, to wear a track suit.  Geez dude, this is the Super Bowl, think ya could dress up a little.

Super Bowl next year, is at Met Life Stadium, which means, the G men, ain't goin, Super Bowl curse, if your team is hosting the Super Bowl, you, ain't a playin in it.   :D 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2012, 07:29:02 PM »
People who do that for a living, earning paychecks for it, have GOT to come up with better than "how do you feel"?  Even after the fact, it's still a stupid question because EVERY mediot asks it, all the time.  How do you THINK the person feels, moron?!

Just once I want one of those stars to answer "Like pooping myself, really".   

funny2

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2012, 07:32:28 PM »
This question is asked in both Spanish (first) & English for Radio,  to Alex Rodriguez at the press conference after he'd hit his 600th home run -- this one's a doozie!

What was she asking??

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2012, 07:34:49 PM »
I thought Madonna did a pretty good job.  I probably would have enjoyed it more, had I known more of the music.