Author Topic: Force Enterprise Rent A Car to fix Recalled Cars  (Read 1753 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:53:01 PM by Bumpurr »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Force Enterprise Rent A Car to fix Recalled Cars
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:12:54 PM »
http://www.change.org/petitions/enterprise-rent-a-car-stop-opposing-a-law-prohibiting-companies-from-renting-out-recalled-cars
The petition:
In 2004, my two daughters, Raechel and Jacquie, were killed when the car they rented from Enterprise caught fire and crashed into a tractor trailer. The PT Cruiser they were driving had been recalled a month before for a defective steering component that was prone to catching fire. Enterprise rented it to three other customers before renting it to my daughters, without bothering to fix it first. It was a ticking time bomb.

Raechel was 24. Jacquie was 20. When we went to court two years ago, Enterprise admitted full liability. But today, Enterprise is still renting unsafe cars. The next victim could be you, or someone you love. Nothing can replace my daughters, but together we can keep others from going through what I did. There are loopholes in existing federal law that allow companies like Enterprise to rent out vehicles that are under a safety recall, even though manufacturers and new car dealers are prohibited from selling new cars that are under safety recalls.

Why am I posting this today? Because this morning, USA Today reported that Hertz has reached a historic agreement with consumer advocates to support a law that would prohibit car companies from selling or renting vehicles under recall notice. Enterprise is leading the charge against this same law.

It's no surprise: Enterprise, the nation's largest rental car company, has a terrible record on safety. On multiple occasions, Enterprise has chosen to cut corners by purchasing cars without optional or sometimes even standard safety equipment. In one incident, the victim was an Iraq war veteran who returned from deployment in Iraq in good health -- until the car he rented from Enterprise spun out on slick pavement, rendering him quadriplegic.

Congress could vote on this law as part of the transportation bill being debated this very moment. The Hertz announcement gives us the momentum, but we don't have much time. That's why I need the help of the Change.org community.

Please, join me in calling on Enterprise CEO Andrew Taylor to drop the company's opposition to this basic safety law right now, before someone else is hurt. I believe that if Enterprise does the right thing, the other rental companies will join Hertz and follow suit.

This isn't about my family anymore. This is about all those other families, and everyone who rents a car in the future or has a loved one who rents a car. I can't do this alone. I need your help.
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 06:08:39 AM »
Put this in catsfur, in the laws section, it got Bump a bath, I have no clue, why. It might be his last one. Oh well, he went down, trying to help others, and especially because it was a PT that got killed, no regrets. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 03:53:06 PM »
Put this in catsfur, in the laws section, it got Bump a bath, I have no clue, why. It might be his last one. Oh well, he went down, trying to help others, and especially because it was a PT that got killed, no regrets. 

Weird...even for Catster.  What did the email spanking say?

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 04:08:53 PM »
No email from catsfur, just that the post, is getting a bath, and being reviewed, why, anyone could possibly have an issue with it, or want to start a fight about it, is beyond me. If anyone replied to it, I never saw it. I put it up last night, this morn, it was getting a bath.  Bump ain't in jail yet, mol, he posted this morn. 

Will let you know, if he gets the "go directly to jail, do not collect $200" email.  JailTime  nonono banhimgif bewareofmodsgif bumpgif moon2

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2012, 06:07:03 PM »
Well, the post is gone, and Bump didn't get any, go directly to jail email, mol.  funny2

Wonder why they had a issue with that, they didn't bother my Doritos Superbowl post, who knows?????? :-\

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2012, 06:57:09 AM »
Well, the post is gone, and Bump didn't get any, go directly to jail email, mol.  funny2

Wonder why they had a issue with that, they didn't bother my Doritos Superbowl post, who knows?????? :-\

Catster baths are often a mystery.   At least you are now clean!   CatsterBath2

Tags: