Author Topic: I miss her  (Read 15379 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: I miss her
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2012, 07:10:39 AM »
Happy to hear that Bonnie is still going strong.  Sorry that you only got a tidbit of info though.  I can definitely understand your curiosity as to how life seemed to turn around for Bonnie. 
The vet being so tight lipped seems a tad odd.  A little more info could easily put your mind at ease.  No info just keeps you guessing.  That doesn't seem very nice.  :( 

^^ that. I just don't understand it. It seems....a common attitude though.  I have a friend with two cats. They are litter mates but one of them was always half wild. They are not young anymore, 14 years old I think now. She hated to let him outside to roam but he went berserk and self mutilated when she kept him in.  Sometimes he would be gone for days.  When they moved, she kept him in for a long time, worried he would get lost or try to go back to his old home, but eventually she had to start letting him out again.

One time he was gone for several days and she went looking for him and saw him on the porch of a house in the next block  She took him home but the pattern started again.  As soon as she let him out he was gone for days again.  Again she found him at the house down the street. This time she talked to the lady, wanting to let them know that it was her cat not a stray.  They loved him and thought, for at least the past six months, he was living with them! She said he seemed so happy there that she let him stay.  She misses him every single day.  A couple of times she has asked them for updates on her kitty, but they are very stingy with information.  They say he's "fine" but won't talk about him at all. She and the other cat miss him terribly, but she feels that he made his choice to live with them.  Even though she knows they let him out, he never comes to visit.

I don't know how she can bear it.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 11:01:29 AM »
The vet I surrendered my Sweetie Girl to sent me an email recently that she wanted to add me to her LinkedIn professional network.  I'm not on LinkedIn, and replied stating that, but perhaps in the future I would.  I also asked her opinion on a feline nutrition home-study class I'd like to take.  So far, no reply, but it's only been 1 day.

It will be 3 years on Friday (4/19) that I gave her up.   :'(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 11:37:06 AM »
I'm so sorry!  grouphug Pookie grouphug I don't know what to say. Our vet always answers every question I have, though I've never been in the position to ask about something I had to give away other than some baby squirrels my dad brought to me b/c the coaches were getting ready for football season & found in press-box. I wasn't equipped to take care of those at all, so our vet took them and had his 5 children take care of them until big enough to release.

I didn't like doing it at all (I can get attached to something in 5 seconds) but I knew it was for the best, and our vet's office always had updates for me. I just don't understand someone not keeping you updated better than what's been done. Maybe she's just an animal person that has problems with people relationships?

If she has a LinkedIn connection, have you checked for her website? Maybe she or the office has a FB or even Twitter? You might could establish a more personal relationship like that? As much as I hate those sites (other than Twitter), in this case I just might do it.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 01:28:54 PM »
The vet I surrendered my Sweetie Girl to sent me an email recently that she wanted to add me to her LinkedIn professional network.  I'm not on LinkedIn, and replied stating that, but perhaps in the future I would.  I also asked her opinion on a feline nutrition home-study class I'd like to take.  So far, no reply, but it's only been 1 day.

It will be 3 years on Friday (4/19) that I gave her up.   :'(

I never (can't say that anymore) fall for email scams, but I fell for a fake LinkedIn one.  It was goooood.  It "sounded" soooo like the person that "asked" me to join.  End result...I got a NASTY virus. 

As far as the 3 year "anniversary"   kissyou  The only thing time does (at least for me) is that I don't cry EVERY day now. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 01:44:59 PM »
Awww.. Pookie..im sorry I am short on words, but have big hugs for you  grouphug  FlowersGif
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 01:51:49 PM »
Thanks everyone.  grouphug  :-* HeadButt

I don't think the LinkedIn invite was a virus, but if it was I sent it right back to her.   Bumpurr1  I don't usually cry anymore, it's more like I'm detached when I talk about her to people, but every now and then, usually when I'm upset about something else, I'll think about her, too, and that just puts me right over.

Maybe, if I'm lucky, she'll dream-visit me again soon.  CatPurr

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »
Oh Pookie.  These kinds of reminders seem so unfair.  grouphug grouphug
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 09:37:33 AM »
Thanks, FMM.  grouphug

I did get a reply.  She asked me to send her the link to the class so she can evaluate it (at my request), and told me Bonnie (Pookie's sister) is still doing fine.

I know I should be content with that, but . . . .

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 11:57:11 AM »
Wow, she actually mentioned Bonnie?  That's something anyway, though I know, not enough.  HeadButt HeadButt

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 12:18:05 PM »
Glad the email was legit.
Glad Bonnie is doing fine.  Maybe she thinks it is better for YOU... less said about Bonnie.   :-\  It makes me sad, and I don't even know Bonnie...

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 01:42:17 PM »
I don't want to depress anyone, so please don't feel obliged to read this.

If you would like to "meet" her, the link to her Catster profile is below.  I never took it down . . . didn't have the heart.  http://www.catster.com/cats/1004705

Of the 2 of them, I didn't think I'd bond with her.  I had wanted a male and Pookie was the only male of the litter, and I wanted 2 cats so they had company and she was the last female available.  Her markings weren't your typical tuxedo, and took getting used to.  But she had such a sweet personality, and was such a Momma's girl, and so funny.  I couldn't think of a name for her, and decided on Ebony, or "Bonnie" for short, but I usually called her "Sweetie Girl."

Of the two, her health problems (from the carpy food and I suspect over-vaccination) were worse than his.  3 months after I removed the kibble, I messed up and left a toy out that had a lot of string.  Pookie ate it, and ended up at the vet's for several days.  After he came back, she wanted nothing to do with him, and not long after I had to separate them.  She started developing lots of food allergies, and after a year of tons of research and a homeopathic vet (who I didn't find very helpful), I gave her to the vet she's with now.  It was a 6 year battle overall, and I just couldn't do it anymore.  :'(  She was almost 7 years old at the time.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »
She's beautiful. I'm sorry she's had such a hard life. But you know better now, and you won't make the same mistakes ever again! Plus you're helping a LOT of other furkids by spreading the word and telling your story.

Call it fate, kismet, God--what you will--I believe there's always a reason for things happening. Good, bad, glad, sad--there's always a reason by design. You've done the best you could by her, and that's all that can ever be asked of anyone.  :-* Love ya! HeadButt
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2013, 04:11:17 AM »
She is a beauty... a shiny beauty!  I "borrowed" her picture.  I really don't steal pictures usually (not always), unless a person has already posted and/or linked to one publicly.   Bumpurr1

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
She's beautiful. I'm sorry she's had such a hard life. But you know better now, and you won't make the same mistakes ever again! Plus you're helping a LOT of other furkids by spreading the word and telling your story.

Call it fate, kismet, God--what you will--I believe there's always a reason for things happening. Good, bad, glad, sad--there's always a reason by design. You've done the best you could by her, and that's all that can ever be asked of anyone.  :-* Love ya! HeadButt

iagree agreegif  Yes yes yes

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2014, 04:45:18 PM »
4 years ago yesterday.  Thinking of you, Sweetie Girl.  CatPurr  HeadButt

Tags: