Author Topic: Prop 37 in California  (Read 1194 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Prop 37 in California
« on: November 04, 2012, 02:12:59 PM »
Strange how I don't see ANY pet food companies getting involved. Shouldn't our pets' food carry warnings too??? IF prop 37 passes, I really hope the companies are required to put warnings on pets' food too.

We really need California to pass this so we can get it all across the country. GMOs really DO show to be dangerous for all animal life in independent laboratory tests. The poster is right: As California goes, there goes the nation.

To open this in a web browser where it can be easier viewed go to (http://www.cornucopia.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/prop37-poster.jpeg).

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 02:27:01 PM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Prop 37 in California
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 05:11:31 PM »
 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

I hope that is really true "as California goes, so goes the nation".  8 cities in CA already have outlawed declawing. Don't mean to hijack, just wanted to comment on how glad I am CA is out there, getting the ball rolling on such important issues.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 07:14:34 PM »
I'd also like to see pet food companies not be able to print anything they darn well please, on their labels.  How many people ASSuME the claims, on their labels, are the truth?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 07:26:49 PM »
I'm with you Lola.  I don't assume trust or believe anything any more.  Results are what I believe in.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2012, 05:22:11 PM »
Well Prop 37 was lost. Monsanto won. Just make sure you memorize: http://truefoodnow.org/shoppers-guide/ or download the APP if you have a "smartphone".
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2012, 09:31:54 PM »
:(

Thanks for that link, Dee Dee!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 09:33:26 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: