Author Topic: What The Cat(s) Did Today...  (Read 26811 times)

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
Re: What The Cat(s) Did Today...
« Reply #60 on: July 21, 2014, 11:40:55 PM »
I go into the kitchen tonight...

Me to hubby... "Why is Roxy eating at the counter?"
Hubby - "If the others would eat like humans, they could eat there too."
Me - "You know Roxy is a cat, right?"
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #61 on: July 21, 2014, 11:43:22 PM »
 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2 funny2
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #62 on: July 21, 2014, 11:44:58 PM »
The background of the story...

The cat bowls are lined up (usually on the floor  Silly7), in the dining room.  Whoever prepares the meal, also stands watch... to make sure the food stealers don't commit any crimes.  Apparently tonight the food thieves stepped it up a notch, and hubby felt Roxy's food would be safer at the counter.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2014, 07:20:23 AM »
(Responding to the outside pics) OHHH, just look at them!  How wonderful Lola!  I don't think I knew Lola was a Red Girl!  HeadButt

Thanks for the pics, I don't think they look fat but I know what you mean.  Mazy cat and Jennie always look fat in pictures and neither of them are overweight.  Mazy just has a very large udder (I know there is a real name for it but I can never think of it) and Jennie has a round middle probably from carrying too many litters.

A story I keep meaning to share here happened over a month ago now, but it was hilarious.  We were out in the yard and Jennie caught a very fat mouse.  There was a squeak and a commotion as she nabbed it and Queen Eva was on Jennie in an instant.

Jennie hunted to live for a long time so she doesn't mess around, that mouse was dead instantly, and I have no doubt Jennie planned to have herself a snack.

So, Jennie thought she was going to hunker down and eat it instead of having Queen Eva pouncing and trying to get at it and me hovering and trying to take it away.  Jennie had a lock jaw grip on it and was growling and growling and growing. Queen Eva kept darting in hopping at Jennie's face or circling round and jumping on her back.  Jennie must have been loosing her grip because she loosened her teeth for just a second to regrip but that was enough for me to get it away from her.

boy was she ticked off, LOL!

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2014, 07:21:47 AM »
I go into the kitchen tonight...

Me to hubby... "Why is Roxy eating at the counter?"
Hubby - "If the others would eat like humans, they could eat there too."
Me - "You know Roxy is a cat, right?"

The background of the story...

The cat bowls are lined up (usually on the floor  Silly7), in the dining room.  Whoever prepares the meal, also stands watch... to make sure the food stealers don't commit any crimes.  Apparently tonight the food thieves stepped it up a notch, and hubby felt Roxy's food would be safer at the counter.

Love it!

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2014, 06:28:56 PM »
(Responding to the outside pics) OHHH, just look at them!  How wonderful Lola!  I don't think I knew Lola was a Red Girl!  HeadButt

Thanks for the pics, I don't think they look fat but I know what you mean.  Mazy cat and Jennie always look fat in pictures and neither of them are overweight.  Mazy just has a very large udder (I know there is a real name for it but I can never think of it) and Jennie has a round middle probably from carrying too many litters.

A story I keep meaning to share here happened over a month ago now, but it was hilarious.  We were out in the yard and Jennie caught a very fat mouse.  There was a squeak and a commotion as she nabbed it and Queen Eva was on Jennie in an instant.

Jennie hunted to live for a long time so she doesn't mess around, that mouse was dead instantly, and I have no doubt Jennie planned to have herself a snack.

So, Jennie thought she was going to hunker down and eat it instead of having Queen Eva pouncing and trying to get at it and me hovering and trying to take it away.  Jennie had a lock jaw grip on it and was growling and growling and growing. Queen Eva kept darting in hopping at Jennie's face or circling round and jumping on her back.  Jennie must have been loosing her grip because she loosened her teeth for just a second to regrip but that was enough for me to get it away from her.

boy was she ticked off, LOL!

Arrows, Lola, and Lacy dog are all red.
How old is Jennie? 
What was the reason Jennie couldn't have the mouse?  She caught it AND had to fight off Queen Eva to keep it! :)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2014, 06:41:32 PM »
I don't want Jennie eating mice.  Then I have to worry about parasites. Plus I don't know if anyone around here uses poison, you know?  But mainly, because I don't want her picking up parasites.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2014, 07:09:42 PM »
I think you owe her a mouse.  Do you have a PetCo or PetsMart near you?  ;)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2014, 07:12:37 PM »
We have a PetCo but I won't go in it.  I doubt they have feeder mice there anyway.  In this hick town?   Jennie gets lovely chunks of beef, gizzards, chicken and turkey plus a chicken wing on Sunday.  She'll have to be satisfied with that. :)  OH, she is approximately 9 years old. When I rescued her vet thought she was between 1 1/2 and 2, and her 7th Gotcha day is in October.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2014, 10:52:05 PM »
I think you owe her a mouse.

I agree!   ;D
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2014, 06:09:51 AM »
Jennie-Jennie is so funny.  I put an old, worn soft white pillow case in her bed-bed.  The main reason was to watch for any evidence of fleas, but also, since the bed-bed has a fleece blankie I thought a pillow case might be cooler.

Well, Jennie loves the pillow case.  And when I took it out to wash it, I forgot to put it back after it was dry.  That night at bed time she had a fit because her pillow case wasn't in her bed-bed!  She stomped around the bed (and my body) muttering until I finally figured out the problem and put another pillow case there.

As soon as I put the pillow case in she was in the bed purring and kneading happily.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #71 on: July 31, 2014, 10:43:30 AM »
Awww that is funny and cute!  Amazing how cats figure out how to tell us something. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2014, 05:30:15 AM »
Sometimes I am a bit slow.  One time, a few years ago, Jennie was really really grouchy all day long.  I couldn't figure out what her problem was, though I am sure she tried to tell me multiple times, but I kept missing it. Finally, during the evening Game times the light bulb went on.

It was her rugs!  I'd picked up the rugs in front of the sliding door to vacuum, shook them out outside and hung them on the line to air.  Those rugs were her sworn enemy, she did battle with them at least once a day, and I had taken them away from her!

I hurriedly put them back and she immediately pounced on them and thrashed them soundly.  It was so funny, I felt so...brilliant, when I finally realized what her problem was, though I'm sure she thought I was being incredibly dense and stupid, LOL!

She doesn't play that Game any more, since Queen Eva came, because (am am guessing) Queen Eva would always come running over to get involved when she started, so she gave it up.

I have another story along the same lines, with pictures to go with it. Have to find the pictures first though.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #73 on: December 20, 2014, 12:14:06 PM »
Arrows often makes a FAST run into the garage.  We don't let him stay in there, because who knows what he would get into or lick!  Anyway, this picture isn't very good...I had to be FAST.  lol  He is sitting on the back of the motor cycle.

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #74 on: December 20, 2014, 11:19:06 PM »
What a great picture!  How I love to see a beautiful Red Boy! I'm glad I know you and you mentioned not letting him stay in the garage. If I saw that picture without knowing the history I'd probably have all kinds of concerns about the cat being in a garage!

Tags:

'Hare