Author Topic: What My Dog Did Today...  (Read 8638 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: What My Dog Did Today...
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2014, 09:18:56 PM »
Someone needs to warn Flopsy, Mopsy, Cottontail, and Peter that Vlad & Barkly ARE a good team and they can catch you! *shudder* Wish rabbits would stay out of the fenced area.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2014, 08:13:54 PM »
Did Vlad & Barkly catch any rabbits? 

I've been told that the rabbits around here, carry diseases.  Too bad.... free rabbit meat would be cool! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2014, 10:46:54 PM »
Barkly had his mouth on it and was pulling on it while it was half-under the fence. Vlad finished running up and knocked his mouth off of it, and the chase was on again. They're doing just like Dannyboy and Sharkly did. One gets behind, one goes in front, and they corral it between them. This time was their most successful chase though.

I was screaming like crazy. They've got bad, bad, bad illnesses! Tularemia being among the worst:

http://www.medicinenet.com/tularemia/article.htm

You have to know what you're doing if you are going to catch rabbits for survival.

From now on, we're going to do like tonight. He goes out and chases anything out there out of the fenced area, and then I follow with the boys.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2014, 04:05:37 PM »
My neighborhood isn't way "out there" anymore, so we don't see rabbits much at all anymore.  Or coyotes.  :) 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 05:19:49 PM »
Took Lacy with me, to the drive through car wash...told her it was Doggie Disneyland.  She had a BLAST! 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2014, 09:33:49 PM »
BOL! I'm not sure I want to know what V&B would think of that.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2014, 12:48:27 PM »
We have been taking Lacy more places... change of scenery for her, since we don't "do" dog parks or walks. 

We got the full works... lava wax.  The do it yourself wax on/wax off is soooo much work.  Well, more work than I prefer to do.  :)  I was amazed by the lava wax.  I didn't have to do ANY touch-ups.  Windows were clean and spot free also...on the outside.  It didn't clean dog boogers from the inside. lol 
It was soooo worth the 15 bucks. 

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »
I'm so happy to hear that Lacy is doing better, finally getting past her trauma.  Love the stories! (of Lacy and all the other stories, too)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2014, 11:37:52 PM »
What Barkly does on his down time. I wonder what he's learning?

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2014, 08:15:13 AM »
HA HA HA!!!! 

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2014, 08:16:19 AM »
Maybe cat noises got his attention?  Or maybe it is just Jackson Galaxy's hair-do?  ;)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2014, 09:20:01 PM »
We're sitting here LOAO.  Barkly had a chew toy Vlad wanted. Vlad kept on glaring at him just waiting for him to get up. Suddenly Vlad jumps up, still staring, then turns and runs to the door growling at it. Barkly jumps up and goes to the door too. Vlad runs back to the chew toy where Barkly left it and took it for himself. Now how smart is that?

And no it's not possible that he thought that something was really there. He wouldn't have turned around that fast--about 2 seconds after Barkly got there. Vlad takes his guarding seriously. He won't leave the door he's growling at until someone gets up and checks. That's why I'm never scared to be alone with the wooden doors open--storm door locked though. Vlad's just that serious about protecting me. Anyone that tries to come in here without me letting them in is just plain crazy.

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2014, 07:46:19 PM »
You mean you don't buy everything in twos???  ;) 

What did Barkly do?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2014, 09:23:02 PM »
I buy everything in 4's. But it doesn't matter. Whatever the other one has is the "good" one.

Poor Barkly realized he'd lost out and just flopped down on his belly the way Corgis do and watched Vlad for a while before deciding he'd lost out completely and found something else.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2014, 12:33:02 AM »
Maybe cat noises got his attention?  Or maybe it is just Jackson Galaxy's hair-do?  ;)

Well the "psycho cat" from Oregon, is obviously scary enough that Barkly won't watch it tonight. He actually seemed to be afraid of Cat from Hell tonight and was hiding under our desk during the whole show after about 1 minute after the show began. The cat I'm talking about that was on the news earlier this year:

Tags:

'Hare