Author Topic: Taking Our Trains/Public Transit Back from Cell phoners  (Read 3325 times)

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Taking Our Trains/Public Transit Back from Cell phoners
« on: April 06, 2013, 02:07:45 PM »
Want to post this in additional public spots, perhaps make it a tad more "polite".   :-[
Wondering if anyone else is as fed up as I am?   I know these people are everywhere but gotta start somewhere, right? 

Already sent one to a Regional Rail Co I ride.  Think there's a shot people will be inspired to write to their respective transit Companies and say Enough is Enough?

Cell Phone Yacker sits in seat next to me and it is I who has to give up my seat to move to either the very front or rear Quiet Car because of music via earphones being drowned out by obnoxious, loud, one-sided conversation.  Only 2 Quiet Cars? 

This is totally backwards.    Why not designate the first and last cars to these inconsiderate, self-centered clods instead; Forcing them to be confined amongst each other which is, of course, only fair?   Let them find out how annoying and disturbing commutes can be when THEY no longer have the LUXURY of considerate people surrounding them!   They DESERVE each other! 

How would these people like it if others sat next to them and sang out loud?    Singers would be asked to cease, or leave the train for disturbance, would they not?

This needs to be addressed as its only getting worse.  People trying to read; having normal face-to-face conversations;  listening to music… pay the same fares as the ignorami do and should not have to put up with it.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Taking Our Trains/Public Transit Back from Cell phoners
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 02:15:10 PM »
I don't use public transportation but can imagine how irritating it is.  I've had the "fun" of being in a restroom stall at work and hearing a one-sided conversation, or sometimes even a conference call.  Seriously??  And I almost feel guilty flushing the toilet because of the noise it makes.  Almost.   :D

What a great idea -- cars for those who want to yak.  Maybe it's just me, and no offense intended to anyone reading this, but really, what is so important to talk about that it can't wait until there's a more private environment available?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline AK49BWL

• PF's Cat Daddy
  • Administrator
  • Gabster
  • The Cat Guy
    • My website
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2013, 03:29:11 PM »
If I hear someone in a stall next to me, I do my best to be extra noisy.

Jussayin. Have a convo, at least get off the friggen toilet first.
Brandon

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 08:30:54 AM »
If I hear someone in a stall next to me, I do my best to be extra noisy.

My sister told me a story about a co-worker who was in the restroom while the person in the next stall was on the phone.  When the co-worker flushed the toilet, the phone person said to the person on the other end of the line, "Sorry for the noise, the people here are being rude."   :o  So the co-worker proceeded to flush the toilet several more times.   :P funny2

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2013, 09:24:30 AM »
I kind of figure they're trying to slack from work anyway--otherwise they could have those convos somewhere else besides restrooms. That's today's culture. Their personal lives are more important than ANYTHING else--including the work for which they're getting paid.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2013, 11:47:16 AM »
I remember when my dad first installed a phone in the bathroom, back in the 80's... I thought it was pretty cool.  But, y'know I was only 12 at the time, and all kinds of new shiny things were coming out then.  So, everything was cool.

When I got older, I gave it more thought and decided that the bathroom phone should really only be used in an absolute emergency; i.e., someone's slipped on the tile and fell through the glass shower door, and they're bleeding all over the place.   

Seriously, who want's to know you've been taking a crap the whole time you've been talking to them.  Gross.

As for commuter chatters...  here's one for ya:

btw:  how do you embed the videos?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 01:43:59 PM by Lola, Reason: Corrected YouTube link »
meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2013, 11:55:39 AM »

As for commuter chatters...  here's one for ya:

http://www.youtube.com/v/sZqPQPhsuX4?version=3

ROFLMAO!!!!

Funniest thing. . .it was probably based on a true story!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 01:43:45 PM »
I kind of figure they're trying to slack from work anyway--otherwise they could have those convos somewhere else besides restrooms. That's today's culture. Their personal lives are more important than ANYTHING else--including the work for which they're getting paid.

I can tell you most of the conversations I've heard are business.  The problems are that 1.  Everyone's in back-to-back meetings so they don't even have time for a "bio break" and 2.  Most people where I work don't have offices.  Instead they have little cubicles, so if they want to make a personal call, they're limited to the halls (where people walking/seated nearby can hear them), the stairs or the restrooms.  Unless they can find an empty office or conference room (yeah, right).   ::)

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:21 PM »
Seriously, who want's to know you've been taking a crap the whole time you've been talking to them.  Gross.

I wonder about that myself.  I really hope they mute the phone before they flush.   :-[

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2013, 01:45:30 PM »
My sister told me a story about a co-worker who was in the restroom while the person in the next stall was on the phone.  When the co-worker flushed the toilet, the phone person said to the person on the other end of the line, "Sorry for the noise, the people here are being rude."   :o  So the co-worker proceeded to flush the toilet several more times.   :P funny2

:o
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2013, 01:46:33 PM »
ROFLMAO!!!!

Funniest thing. . .it was probably based on a true story!

I was thinking the same thing.  Make sure you watch, CC!! 

Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »
Just watched the video.  OMG!   funny2 funny2 funny2

Thank you SO MUCH, I needed a good laugh!  And agreed, I bet it WAS based on a true story!

P.S.  Doncha just looooove some of the tunes used to signal an incoming call?   :)