Author Topic: This Sounds About Like the Food Issue But Vaccines Instead  (Read 919 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
This Sounds About Like the Food Issue But Vaccines Instead
« on: April 17, 2013, 08:39:50 PM »
How The Veterinary Vaccine Model Is Broken

http://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/how-the-veterinary-vaccine-model-is-broken/?inf_contact_key=010804dada7d4644d43309cdfbef8a9cdc72264e8b4d308dfc44202172aac78e

Vets are taught only how to vaccinate and this is because this part of their school curriculum is taught by the vaccine manufacturers themselves, not a third party researcher who has no financial interest in how often vaccines are given.

Vaccine researcher Dr Ronald Schultz confirms:

"Unfortunately not enough folks teaching immunology explain the process so students understand the complexities of vaccine-induced immunity, and there are significant differences between the mechanism of protective immunity to the same pathogen in a naïve vs. a vaccinated animal. I, in academia, accept some of the blame for the confusion, but I also place some of the blame on my colleagues in industry, especially those who market vaccines. They have done a much better job of educating practitioners to their way of selling vaccines than immunologists have done in teaching the facts about vaccine-induced immunity."
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: This Sounds About Like the Food Issue But Vaccines Instead
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
  :(

Unfortunately, it alllll comes down to the lack of regulation  (and over- trust on the part of pet-sumers :(   )

Guess the points brought up here can apply to anything regarding pet care   :(  Foxes guarding the henhouses in more wyas than one     http://leda.law.harvard.edu/leda/data/784/Patrick06.html

Tags: