Author Topic: The Today Show this Morning...  (Read 1307 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
The Today Show this Morning...
« on: May 01, 2013, 04:25:43 PM »
I'm not posting this to start arguments, just to make others aware of what's being said out there, so they can know what's going on around them. I don't like biased stories like this at all because they don't tell the truth about the evils of the ASPCA, HSUS, or PETA. It's a rare journalist these days that's going to do the extensive research needed to do a well-rounded story, nor are they going to be given the minutes necessary to tell the whole truth about ALL of it. Therefore, if they're not going to do a series on it, I don't think they should report anything about these issues.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw The Today Show this morning or not, but they had a story on the AKC. Here's the story and video:

http://www.today.com/news/akc-registered-breeders-raising-dogs-miserable-conditions-6C9640008

Here's the AKC's response:

http://akcdoglovers.com/

Here's a discussion section on the story--there are some really informative posts in there:

http://todaynews.today.com/_news/2013/05/01/17999188-akc-registered-breeders-raising-dogs-in-miserable-conditions?d=1
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
Re: The Today Show this Morning...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2013, 05:59:26 PM »
DeeDee, there's NO such thing as "journalism" with any of the mainstream mediots anymore. NONE.

(I don't own a TV.) 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2013, 06:18:28 PM »
DeeDee, there's NO such thing as "journalism" with any of the mainstream mediots anymore. NONE.

(I don't own a TV.) 

I didn't see it on TV--someone emailed me about it. I watched it online this afternoon, since my friend thought it was important enough to send it to me.

I watch the local news for the weather; local happenings; and medical info that we get a lot of b/c of Vanderbilt being here. The only time I turn on other news stations is when I hear of some tragedy like Boston bombing or Texas fertilizer plant fire.

Somehow, the past few years, I've started managing to tune the rest out for the most part when the local news is regurgitating the BS from world news & our government--all because I no longer believe the BS being passed on from most news sources.

Most of the interesting news I get comes from a very few independent reporters found in Twitter--the very few that I've managed to find that don't seem to have hidden agendas & will report all sides whether they agree with it or not.

A huge majority of the people in the world these days disgust me in so many ways I just can't stomach hearing anything from them, and I've learned that I really can't change minds no matter how much research I give some of them. It's rare that I get involved in anything like I did with that vet recently--and when I do it's because I've been pushed past the point of being able to ignore some of it when it's a subject that I care so much about.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:16:53 AM »
They didn’t tell you that The Today Show’s Natalie Morales made a TV public service announcement in conjunction with the Ad Council and the HSUS.

And there you have it...
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:11 AM »
In the Comments section:

Snip

Maybe Good Morning America can do a segment on Wayne Pacelle, the HSUS and how much they do not support puppies or animal shelters.

thumbsup1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: