Author Topic: Malaysian Leader Says Flight 370 Ended in Indian Ocean  (Read 974 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Malaysian Leader Says Flight 370 Ended in Indian Ocean
« on: March 24, 2014, 11:25:33 AM »
I dunno... seems a bit hokie to me.

Snip...

Malaysian Leader Says Flight 370 Ended in Indian Ocean

PEARCE AIR FORCE BASE, Australia — Malaysia’s prime minister said Monday that further analysis of satellite data confirmed that the missing Malaysian airliner went down in the southern Indian Ocean. The announcement narrowed the search area but left many questions unanswered about why it flew to such a remote part of the world.

Experts had previously held out the possibility that the jet could have flown north instead, toward Central Asia, but the new data showed that it could have gone only south, said the prime minister, Najib Razak.

Mr. Najib appeared eager to bring closure to the families of the passengers on Malaysia Airlines Flight 370, two-thirds of whom are Chinese. The families have grown increasingly angry about the lack of clear information about the plane’s fate. The Boeing 777, with 227 passengers and 12 crew members onboard, was headed from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing when it disappeared on March 8.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/25/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-flight-370.html?_r=0
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Malaysian Leader Says Flight 370 Ended in Indian Ocean
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2014, 12:06:26 PM »
The info about, ""All right, good night," being the last words recorded is what seems crazy to me:

http://www.firstpost.com/world/missing-malaysia-jet-was-alright-goodnight-really-pilots-last-words-1438597.html?utm_source=ref_article

Since when does a pilot tell control, "Goodnight?"
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 08:22:48 PM »
It all doesnt make sense to me either. I have been following this like crazy, feel so bad for all the families :(
I dont know why they didnt think of this idea. There is a website where you can track activity of sharks that are tagged in the area. Why not track those sharks, if there is 239 bodies in the water then those sharks will most likely have been there.
Sad to say :(
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 04:25:57 PM »
I don't know how long it takes a plane to sink, but sharks (so "they" say) only swim 10k feet. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Mo

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 04:32:01 PM »
What I have to question is that they have thought they found debris several times already, why do they know this time that it is the plane?  Most of the debris from a plane crash should sink pretty quickly, it is heavy and not meant to float.  Though I would guess the seat cushions would float (aren't they supposed to be able to be used as flotation devises?) but unless the plane broke on impact those aren't going to be floating around either.

Tags: