Author Topic: VeganCats.com (They include dogs as well)  (Read 1368 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
VeganCats.com (They include dogs as well)
« on: May 07, 2015, 11:56:29 PM »
I am just STUNNED...

Evolution offers the best way to help change your cats over to a vegan diet so that your companions can live cruelty-free, too! These moist canned cat foods by Evolution are designed to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO cat food nutrient profiles for all life stages. Carefully formulated to meet the nutritional needs of all your cats' life stages, like all Evolution Diet foods, this moist food includes Taurine (for vision and cardiovascular contractile strength); carnitine (for cardiovascular contractibility); and vegetarian vitamins and trace minerals to promote good general health, aid in digestion and enhance immunity. With this food, you won’t be giving your cats any slaughterhouse leftovers and contaminated animal parts filled with hormone residue – it is comprised solely of whole vegetables and added nutrients essential to proper health for cats of all ages. Low in mineral ash and magnesium, this formula is also high in Methionine to help prevent kidney problems. This hypoallergenic formula does not contain any artery-clogging cholesterol, antibiotics or other unwanted extras that are in meat-based foods, so you’ll know that your cats are getting the very best option available.

Vegetable Stew Flavor - Filtered water sufficient for processing, peas, potatoes, brown rice, carrots, wheat germ, oat groats, dicalcium phosphate, soybean oil, brewer's dried yeast, DL-Methionine, L-Taurine, L-Carnitine, guar gum, sea kelp, DL-Alpha tocopherol acetate (vitamin E), vitamin A acetate, ergocalciferol (vitamin D2), choline chloride, ferrous sulfate, zinc oxide, manganese oxide, manganese sulfate, riboflavin supplment (vitamin B2), thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, folic acid, biotin, vitamin B12 supplement, sodium selenate, arachidonic acid/quote]

http://www.vegancats.com
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: VeganCats.com (They include dogs as well)
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 12:17:37 AM »
"Cruelty Free Alternatives For Cats and Dogs"

WTH? I'm going to have to argue that not giving carnivores meat is what's cruel!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 09:27:05 AM »
Not only is there no meat for a strict carnivore (cats)... MOST of the other ingredients I would try to avoid like the plague!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 11:26:55 AM »
Not only is there no meat for a strict carnivore (cats)... MOST of the other ingredients I would try to avoid like the plague!

I never made it past the first page to even look to see what's in the carp.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 05:12:42 PM »
I looked at the first sentence and couldn't make myself go any further.  Sorry.  Carp like that just makes me ILL.  >:(

And when these people's pets start developing heart and vision problems, they'll be wondering why . . .  bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead bangshead
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 10:22:41 AM »
At first I was shocked.  Then I was angry.  Now... I find it just heart breaking.  How sick are those cats and dogs?  With cats being masters at hiding pain and sickness... it just makes me want to cry. 

Tags: