Author Topic: Mazy cat's dental  (Read 13002 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Mazy cat's dental
« Reply #45 on: August 18, 2015, 12:55:32 PM »
Just home for lunch.  She survived her early pain meds dose,haha. She's had her lunch. She asked to be spoon fed the second serving, she was comfy on the tower and didn't feel like getting up.  I obliged but warned her she was only going to get that treatment for a couple of days.  She says she understands.

Back to work I go.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #46 on: August 19, 2015, 09:27:47 PM »
Just checking in.  How's she doing?  How are you doing?   HeadButt
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2015, 04:41:47 AM »
Mazy is doing great! This morning it's clear the pain is all gone.  Yesterday morning, before her pain med dose she was sitting under the table.  This morning she is thundering around the house, and now is in her crows nest.  I just warned her there will be no more spoon feeding at lunch time, haha! Today is the third day of the clavamox though so if she is going to have trouble with it I will know soon.

I only just realized another sign that she was having mouth pain, she had stopped playing her favorite middle of the night Game! (picking up her toy in her mouth and carrying it around the house singing)

Thanks!

(edit 2 hours later... ANNNNNDDDD..WE HAVE CHASE ME CHASE YOU GAMES..THUNDERING AROUND THE HOUSE. WHHOOOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2015, 08:59:26 AM »
I'm so glad she's doing so well! Glad she's playing again too. I know how it can make you second-guess the whole situation when they don't do their normal things like playing.

You've done great with her!
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2015, 04:35:23 PM »
Thanks Dee.  Mazy cat has discovered her inner kitten!   I've experienced this phenomenon before with cats and dentals, and I've advised hundreds of people about it.  But it never stops being amazing and astounding, the difference in a cat, especially an older cat, after a dental.

And here's something else interesting.  Queen Eva is still very lively at five years old.  However, she had slowed down a bit over these past months, and I attributed it to getting a little older and more sedate, maybe.  She's also been very clingy with me which I attributed to her being my little Comfort Cat after my mother's death.

Perhaps those things are true but since this morning when Mazy cat started Thundering Around The House, Queen Eva also is a kitten again.  She is so happy it's just incredible.  When I was in the shower she played a Game I'd forgotten about it's been so long since she played it.  That is simply she brings her toys to the closed bathroom door and plays with them until they inevitably get poked under the door.  I used to all the time get out of the shower to find a row of toys on the floor all lined up in front of my side of the door, just out of paw's reach.  Often that paw would also be stretched poking and grasping, under the door.

Now I wish I hadn't put it off as long as I did!  WOW!

I've been playing Frisbee game with them for a half hour now.  I started with Queen Eva but Mazy cat quickly barged in and took over.  She hasn't played Frisbee Game in ages and ages!

In case you're wondering what was happening with Jennie all this time, she was sitting on the Play House roof watching and periodically letting out a very loud meow to remind me that she wanted her Game too.

After the Frisbee Game Mazy positioned herself on the bench and started eyeing Jennie.  Wish I'd had the camera handy.  Mazy stared at Jennie until Jennie noticed her staring.  When Jennie saw Mazy, her ears went back a little and I could see her brace herself and Mazy crouched just the tiniest tiniest bit. So she was ready, when Mazy pounced (it's about a 3 foot leap) Jennie flew.  It was hilarious!

Okay okay, Jennie's turn, she's hollering......

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2015, 07:45:09 PM »
That's wonderful!!!!!  I'm so glad Mazy's feeling better, and Eva's happy her friend is better.  It sounds like you have your hands full with a bunch of crazy kitties!   thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:51 AM »
I'm happy for ALL of you!!!!! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2015, 06:43:28 AM »
Finally talked to the vet.  Mazy cat had FOUR resporptive lesions.  Matching on either side of her mouth.  On the upper left and right, full extractions of the middle molar.

One the bottom left and right, in the coinciding spots there are these little "premolars" the vet called them, which were almost completely reabsorbed already, the gum growing over.  There was just a little root left on each, and she removed the root.

There were no wax balls or signs of infection in her ears.

Bladder was empty

Anal glands were pretty full.

Mazy is doing great.  No trouble with the clavamox at all.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2015, 02:25:50 PM »
Poor kitty!  I'm glad she's doing so well now.

There were no wax balls or signs of infection in her ears.

thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1 thumbsup1
Mazy is doing great.  No trouble with the clavamox at all.

multistars multistars multistars multistars

Tags: