Author Topic: Please vote for Dr Gary Richter, anti-declaw vet!  (Read 9109 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Please vote for Dr Gary Richter, anti-declaw vet!
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2015, 01:39:00 PM »
What would be cool? To find the police reports from those vets being threatened. Because you know. REAL threats deserve police involvement.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2015, 01:40:37 PM »
Yeah. Threatening phone calls:

Activists opposed to cat declawing “hijacked” the contest, resorting to cyber-bullying the majority of the contest finalists, those who believe that declawing cats remains a last-resort, but viable, alternative to separating pets from their owners when the animal's behavior cannot be controlled any other way.  One contestant, for example, was called "a whore, a butcher, a mutilator, a hack, an animal hater, a disgrace to the profession.”  Other contestants were subjected to the circulation of fraudulent negative advertisements, negative reviews, and threatening phone calls.

https://www.avma.org/News/PressRoom/Pages/Americas-Favorite-Veterinarian-Contest-halted-due-to-cyber-bullying-finalists-to-be-honored-collectively.aspx
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2015, 01:42:41 PM »
The 20 finalists if you want to help do some research--because you know I'm going to start looking too:

http://www.americasfavoriteveterinarian.org/finalists

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2015, 01:53:22 PM »
I'll be adding on to this post as I find things. PLEASE realize. I've got a lot of snark in me, so don't think I'm calling anyone (here) anything with my sarcastic remarks that might slither into comments.

1. Dr Lisa Aumiller. Just scroll down her personal (not business) FB and read the comments: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.aumiller.3 

You'll get to see what everyone thinks of those against declawing. We're all thrown into the same bucket together as terrorists and are crazy. So, though we all know those of us here weren't being hateful during this and had only positive things to say, we ARE going to be tarred with the same brush now. I've seen the word "terrorists" more than once now.

2. The practice FB of Dr. Christy Layton https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timberlane-Pet-Hospital-Resort/86736191080 specifically calls out:

Chris Showalter Was it a specific group? I wonder how they would react to getting picked at

Timberlane Pet Hospital & Resort It was a group called the Paw Project and there are a couple others... I would take the high road like we have throughout this contest and just keep making animal welfare and responsible pet ownership our priorities. Karma will get them in the end.

https://www.facebook.com/VOTE4CHRISTY/posts/463333927171416

SO they can go ahead and call all of us terrorists. While everyone here in PF is reading the comments, recognize that you're "uneducated about animal welfare."

3. Steve Dale was pulling for this one:  http://www.chicagonow.com/steve-dales-pet-world/2015/08/dr-natalie-marks-americas-favorite-veterinarian/

4. This one openly admitted to not being cyber-bullied:

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalHouseGreenBay/photos/a.114674258561246.14209.107273429301329/1131062136922448/?type=1

5. And last (at least for now) I'm left wondering whom are cowards:

I mostly went through the women b/c the word "whore" was specifically mentioned in the AVMA's press release. Some of the vets were campaigning heavily, and others, barely mentioned it.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 03:34:12 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2015, 03:53:06 PM »
Thanks for all the input Dee!

Interesting reading here:

http://www.animals24-7.org/2015/08/27/did-avmf-bag-americas-favorite-vet-contest-to-keep-anti-declaw-vet-from-winning/

And it is a bit curious that none of these threats or bullying have actually been shown..you know, in screen shots or whatever....

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 04:25:34 PM »
DeeDee,
Would you mind posting the actual quotes along with the links.  Kinda have it ALL out there as to who says what, before comments disappear, pages are made private, etc.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 04:34:59 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 04:27:02 PM »
Timberlane Pet Hospital & Resort It was a group called the Paw Project and there are a couple others... I would take the high road like we have throughout this contest and just keep making animal welfare and responsible pet ownership our priorities. Karma will get them in the end.

I missed where the high road was taken, in the above comment?  I think that is what is referred to as passive aggressive. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2015, 04:37:22 PM »
I missed where the high road was taken, in the above comment?  I think that is what is referred to as passive aggressive. 

That's why those comments were especially pointed out. Makes them no better than the ones claiming being bullied--IF there's any evidence (that I haven't been able to find) of the bullying.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2015, 04:47:55 PM »
Despite alleged claims of bullying, note that I can't find any evidence of it left around.

As Lola Requested:

From "1." in post http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27549;topicseen#msg27549

https://www.facebook.com/lisa.aumiller.3

Leads to a comment being shared from:

As many of you have already heard, the contest for America's Favorite Vet has been cancelled in the wake of cyberbullying by simple-minded, creepy "radicals" for whom animal rescue is first, last and always about hating on people. Dr Lisa Aumiller was one of several of these wonderful vets directly targeted for harassment.

So it is with the usual pleasure and a real sense of defiance that I announce, earlier than planned, that I had just recently been in discussions with Dr Lisa about making the Boo Tiki Fund, the charitable group associated with Dr Lisa's HousePaws Mobile Veterinary service, the beneficiary group of this January's Plunge Rescue Challenge and am pleased to be making the official announcement here!

Same rules as always: You don't have to plunge, just attend, and your attendance will count towards the total that will determine the final donation. You can stay high and dry in your winter gear or even come, as my cousins Kathie and Sue plan to, dressed as Vikings. If you plunge, which really is great fun, you can wear a suit or go in full Gunnison regalia. We're easy! Just be there to show support!

You can also donate directly to the Boo Tiki fund, of course! I'll be sharing about that in just a bit!
Many other announcements re Gunnison events coming soon! But I just HAD to get this one out there!

Rest of comments:

Jill Jampetro You ROCK John Richardson
Like · 1 · 22 hrs

Sue Fredricks Klems So disappointing. But a Boo Tiki fund sounds like great fun!
Like · 3 · 22 hrs

John Richardson As I said to my friend Tara of Midwest Pet Refuge (donation coming right up after today's event, Tara!), when you can make fun times meaningful, you have a great thing going, Sue! Hope the Vikings are out in force! The more, the merrier AND the bigger the donation to a worthy group!
Like · 3 · 22 hrs

Belindalee Van-Allen sounds like a great time for a great cause!
Like · 1 · 22 hrs

John Richardson It's great fun and a very worthy cause!
Like · 21 hrs

Sue Fredricks Klems We have to get the rest of the tribe on board. Viking Reunion, Boo Tiki! The song of my people?
Like · 3 · 21 hrs

Kathie Fredricks Walsh "Boo Tiki Fund" just rolls off the tongue..
Like · 3 · 21 hrs

John Richardson Work on a Viking battle cry!
Like · 1 · 21 hrs

Sue Fredricks Klems Doesn't it Kathie.
Like · 1 · 21 hrs

John Richardson When you search Boo Tiki on FB, the search engine first things you are searching for Boobs and Titties. JUST a coincidence!
Like · 5 · 21 hrs

Belindalee Van-Allen replied · 1 Reply

Linda Skotarek Howe I'm in - looking forward to date time and place!
Like · 1 · 21 hrs

John Richardson Sunday, January 3rd. Assembling at Gunnison beach circa 11am with the Plunge at noon.
Like · 1 · 21 hrs

John Richardson Gunnison is in Sandy Hook, the NJ portion of Gateway National Recreation Area.
Like · 21 hrs

Linda Skotarek Howe Ok great! Ohh boy!
Like · 1 · 21 hrs

John Richardson smile emoticon
Like · 21 hrs

Christine Mathews frown emoticon !!!! I had not heard this!! frown emoticon wow..
Like · 2 · 20 hrs

Lisa Aumiller This is Awesome ! Thanks John. The Boo Tiki Fund is a non profit that helps pets in NJ whose parents need funding. Like us on facebook !
Like · 5 · 20 hrs

John Richardson All your supporters are awesome because you are awesome, Dr Lisa! You bring out the awesome in us!
Like · 5 hrs

John Richardson Yes, the Boo Tiki Fund helps animals STAY in their homes and get the care they need! Phyllis, Coty, I know you guys can relate to the importance of this sort of mission!
Like · 3 · 20 hrs

Coty Nickerson Absolutely! The boo tiki fund is awesome! I went to their thanksgiving feast last fall. Seriously a GREAT organization.
Like · 1 · 20 hrs

Carol Anne Wow, that S*ck$
Thanks John
Like · 18 hrs

Gail Cammero Reilly It's thoughtful to bring the cancellation to people's attention but very disturbing to learn that it occured in the first place.
Like · 1 · 18 hrs

Chris White Too bad the haters have to ruin things frown emoticon
Like · 18 hrs

John Richardson People hell bent on dragging others down drain so much of the positive energy that rescue and welfare work depends on that it is a true scandal and systemic problem. So we have to do what we can to defy the negative and encourage the positive. The Plunge Rescue Challenge will be one small but fun and hopefully inspiring effort to light some candles to banish the darkness.
Like · 2 · 8 hrs

Lucia Buckley Johnson I will not jump into freezing water, but I will make a donation from my warm, cozy condo!
Like · 8 hrs

John Richardson What do you mean "freezing water" the water will be AT LEAST 40 degrees!!! Anyway, most people who attend the plunge stay high and dry and warmly clad and all you need to do is attend to count toward the total that determines the donation. But direct donations are always encouraged whether one attends or not! Thanks!
Like · 1 · 7 hrs

Lucia Buckley Johnson Then we will attend and watch from dry land!
Like · 1 · 7 hrs

John Richardson Oh, ok! Great! You'll have fun. Everyone always does!
Like · 1 · 7 hrs

Judy Eisner Witt Great idea!!!!
Like · 1 · 5 hrs

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:42:16 PM by DeeDee »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2015, 04:50:08 PM »
Part 2 of: http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27560;topicseen#msg27560

From "1." in post http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27549;topicseen#msg27549

Back to: https://www.facebook.com/lisa.aumiller.3

Where you see:

Lisa Aumiller
Friends, Family, HousePaws Family, Sweet Briar Sisters, Colleagues.......After all your support and love and work this past 10 weeks.......I regret to inform everyone the America's favorite veterinarian contest has been cancelled. I really appreciate you taking the time and effort to vote and putting up with my daily reminders. It was fun a lot of fun. Unfortunately, an outside group got involve... See More
Share · 23 hrs
65 people like this.
3 shares
50 of 63
View previous comments

Rhonda Williams Witt
1 · 23 hours ago

Emmy Leung Just days before voting was supposed to end. What is up with that? Reminds me of another bad announcement that we hated.
2 · 23 hours ago

Anna Bannanna Lisa Aumiller you and your family rock. The good thing about all this is we don't have to share you. With vision like yours it's only a matter of time that we will have to share you
23 hours ago

Charlene Barrett Dallessandro What Michelle Keller-Eiler said !
1 · 23 hours ago

Judy Eisner Witt That stinks. People are getting out of control and ruining it. Lisa, you are number one to us! Cant wait for the party
23 hours ago

Anita Stewart You are still our number 1 favorite
23 hours ago

Leigh-Ann Esaia Thats horrible! But the fact that you were first for so long should show you how loved you are. I voted everyday for ya. U rock!!
3 · 23 hours ago

AJ Ravinsky Why would someone do that?! That sucks!
23 hours ago

Allison Trouts What???????
22 hours ago

Mac Woolston Always #1!!!
22 hours ago

Judy Brown Fletcher Bizarre... but so glad we could support you!
22 hours ago

Paula Ackroyd Someone just had to ruin a good thing. That stinks.
22 hours ago

Iris A. Stelzer This stinks. You are number one in my household. House paws and Lisa Aumiller number 1 now and for always
1 · 22 hours ago

Cyndi Ewing Luongo That's a shame! I'm sorry to hear that. I've had fun seeing your posts and sharing them.
22 hours ago

Jenn Luling We don't need a contest to know and declare you are the Best!!

Shame about people bullying ...really.
1 · 22 hours ago

Joyce Chiaccio Yeager You'll always be #1 with our family!
22 hours ago

Gabrielle Victoria Helfer What?!!!! That's awful!!!!!
21 hours ago

Christine Bornholdt We do not need a contest to prove Dr Lisa ' s the best vet, we knew it all along Thank you Dr Lisa
21 hours ago

Karen Kinsey Young So sorry to hear that but please know you are the best !
21 hours ago

Scott Gutman We we're with you!!
21 hours ago

J Harry Faunce What?!!!!! That was a lot of fun and you know you will always have my support. We all know you are the hardest working, nicest, and smartest vet and person who truly deserved to win.
21 hours ago

Anthony Zoppina Oh no
21 hours ago

Megan Dawson That's a shame...
21 hours ago

Megan Campbell Maltby What!????? If you lived closer- you would have my business!!!
20 hours ago · Edited

Dawn Smith That sucks and the "outside group" cost you and a lot of other good vets the opportunity to do more good for people and animals everywhere! Keep up your amazing work and know that Guinness, Smokey, Lemur and I think that you are America's Favorite Vet and you are definitely our favorite vet!! We love you Dr. Lisa!!
Dawn Smith's photo.
20 hours ago

Julia Christine Boo! You 100% deserved to win - you are America's Favorite Vet!
1 · 20 hours ago

Katie Blaik James I just got the email. You are the winner in my book!!!! #1!!!!
1 · 20 hours ago

Monica Peluso That stinks! Way to stay positive though!
20 hours ago

Brie Messier Oh man... this completely stinks!! I'm so sorry all the way around.
20 hours ago

Patricia Ellis Tuohy So sorry Lisa, it was going so well! I know you would have won!
20 hours ago

Kristyn Bianco You would have won. Sorry it didn't get that far.
20 hours ago

Laura Cressman ((Hugs))
That's very unfortunate to hear. Lisa you and house paws are simply amazing. You are patient, kind, loving and down to earth. You never cease to amaze me with your hard work, determination, & love for all of our babies. I'm so thankful to have you in our lives. You're truly an amazing and admirable person. Thank u for all you do, you and house paws will always be our #1.
20 hours ago

Nanette Sheerin That is unfair to everyone! But hey if you're still having a party I'll get over it!
19 hours ago

Eric Baratta You are our winner. Glad you stayed above the negativity. But Brad will now need another reason to post photos of himself in tight fitting, cat-face pro-wrestling garb.
1 · 19 hours ago

Lisa Aumiller Brad Anderson lol
19 hours ago

Lizbeth Kauffman Why don't you come meet with students sometime?
1 · 19 hours ago

Cindi Dickey That's terrible. I was voting every day. I'm so sorry, Lisa.
19 hours ago

Mae Gilchrist So unfair! But you were #1 and still are!
19 hours ago

Kimberly Dawn Lisa Aumiller you didn't need this competition to try and win America's favorite vet....you are already a winner not by vote, but by the wonderful job you do! You are such an amazing and compassionate vet. I've known you for years and years and you have always been the BEST. Thank you!!!
19 hours ago

Terry Walters
19 hours ago

Carol Anne #TheirLoss !!!! smile emoticon
18 hours ago

Amanda MacPherson You'll always be #1 in my book, because this little guy is still with us. Well, he's not so little anymore 😀
Amanda MacPherson's photo.
18 hours ago

Lori Roy What?! That's crazy! Makes no sense about the harassment! Too many mean people in the world, spoiling things for the nice ones! Grrrrrrrr!
15 hours ago

Martin Jones What a Croc of Sh*t, the AVMF can F*cking Suck It! Your still the Best Lisa.....So Whatever! This country is so ass backwards and weak right now, trying to accommodate everyone's political correctness and sense of equality...🏾 #booooo
1 · 11 hours ago

Mar Calo So sorry and so unfair, but keep in mind that in Spain and in our hearths you are number 1, no doubt! We love you and are so proud of you, Lisa Aumiller!
8 hours ago

Mar Calo sorry meant ...doubth
8 hours ago

Lauren Smith That's okay. We dont need a contest to tell us you are the best!!
8 hours ago

Steve Bullock There lies the biggest problem with so-called "Social Media" you can't cure stupid!
6 hours ago

Nora Starr Haters gonna.. hate....hate....hate...... What a shame.... Like someone already said we don't need a contest we know....
6 hours ago

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2015, 05:20:00 PM »
As Lola Requested to keep the comments (though I don't see why they'd get rid of these comments like they've gotten rid of the alleged bullying comments if they ever existed):

From "2." in post http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27549;topicseen#msg27549

From page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Timberlane-Pet-Hospital-Resort/86736191080

Post: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10153622216901081&id=86736191080

Timberlane Pet Hospital & Resort shared American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF)'s photo.

Yesterday at 2:55pm ·

I regret to inform all of my friends and family that the contest we have been working so hard for the past 5 weeks has been cancelled due to an animal activist terrorist organization. Thanks to all of your hard work, I was still in the #1 spot when the contest ended and I can not thank you enough for all of your support. You will never fully understand what your support has meant to me. I will continue to care for animals as I have for my past 14 years as a veterinarian with the animal's welfare and public health as my top priorities. I WILL NOT allow ANY bullies to sway my opinions or actions from these 2 priorities. I hope you will all continue to support me in my future actions to make the public aware of what Responsible Pet Ownership is all about as that was my platform that I planned to promote over the next year as America's Favorite Veterinarian prior to the AVMF choosing to cancel the contest. I would personally like to thank Adrienne Swisher for nominating me for this contest and Bill Gray for being my co-admin on this page and for all of his support through his rescues! To everyone else, I can't name you all, but you know what you have done for me and I don't know how I will ever repay you for your support!! I love you all !!!!!

American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF)
The 2015 America's Favorite Veterinarian Contest has been halted, and we have declared all 20 finalists “America’s Favorite Veterinarians” following a vicious cyber-bullying attack which disrupted and contaminated the final election process. Activists opposed to cat declawing “hijacked” the contest, resorting to cyber-bullying the majority of the contest finalists. The attacks were reprehensible and undeserved, and have undermined the spirit of the competition and caused the contestants undue harm. Read the press release for more information: http://bit.ly/1NURBoU.

We thank you for your interest in the contest, and we are truly sorry for what has happened. Our contestants deserve the utmost respect for what they do every day as veterinarians. We ask that those who are bullying these contestants immediately stop. Please join us in honoring these veterinarians with the respect they deserve.

Shelly Roberts-Woods Wow! You have got to be kidding! Well you were in the # 1 spot when the contest was stopped so I would say you are the winner.
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 3:06pm

Ginny Schleigh Zang You will remain #1 with us regardless. Max and Tyson:-) heart emoticon
Like · Reply · 4 · Yesterday at 3:33pm

Paige Harden Kolm You are the winner no matter what. We are so blessed to have you in our town.
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 3:39pm

Chris Showalter Why not award the one who was in the lead when the contest was stopped?? This is BS
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:22pm
View 2 more replies

Like · 1 · Yesterday at 4:54pm

Lori McDaniel You are and will always be #1
Like · Reply · 1 · 23 hrs

Tom Sedgwick You are #1 in all our hearts and appreciate all that you do.
Like · Reply · 1 · 21 hrs

Lora Vlahos Webb That's so disappointing! But no matter what the contest results would have been, you're still our number one vet!
Like · Reply · 1 · 7 hrs
« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:41:41 PM by DeeDee »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2015, 05:27:17 PM »

Interesting reading here:

http://www.animals24-7.org/2015/08/27/did-avmf-bag-americas-favorite-vet-contest-to-keep-anti-declaw-vet-from-winning/

And it is a bit curious that none of these threats or bullying have actually been shown..you know, in screen shots or whatever....

Well that one is getting tweeted.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2015, 05:40:30 PM »
From "4." in post http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27549;topicseen#msg27549

https://www.facebook.com/AnimalHouseGreenBay/photos/a.114674258561246.14209.107273429301329/1131062136922448/?type=1

Like I said, this one openly admitted that he wasn't part of the bullied, and after I saw this comment, I focused specifically on the women due to the AVMA quoted word "whore" as one of the things the bullied were allegedly called.

Animal House Green Bay
Big News! With 5 days to go, The America's Favorite Veterinarian contest has been abruptly cancelled due to cyber attacks by a specific group towards many of the finalists. Note: Dr. Pat and The Animal House were not direct recipients of these attacks. To quell the bullying, all 20 Finalists have been declared America's Favorite Veterinarian. We are disappointed but are very grateful to the AVMF for the contest opportunity.Thank you for all for your votes, your shares, your support. Click the link below to read what happened. #DrPat is #AmericasFavoriteVeterinarian http://www.americasfavoriteveterinarian.org/
Like · Comment · Share · Yesterday · Edited

Linda Kozlowski How awful. I am so sorry to hear about this!
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 2:53pm

Fox Valley Animal Referral Center SO disappointing. Congrats to Dr. Pat and all the finalist. We love you!
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 2:56pm

Blaire Hill-Morois You (Dr Patrick Warpinski) are deamed America's Favorite Veterinarian! We still must celebrate!!!
Like · Reply · 6 · Yesterday at 3:17pm

Judy Summers We knew you would have won Dr. Pat
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 3:20pm

Laurie Wildrick You, Dr. Pat, ARE THE BEST! Congratulations!
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 3:35pm

Jamie Ritch-Duvall Wow.... Dr Pat and the Animal House Staff are the winners for me and my family ( including our fur babies ) YOU GUYS ARE NUMBER ONE!!
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 3:36pm

Rio Scafone What?! Well- Dr. Pat and the entire Animal House Staff have always been #1 in my book!
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 3:40pm

Jewell Kozlowski Glad you were not attacked. Really getting tired of the minority ruining things for the majority. Activist is a cringe worthy word. Congrats and best wishes.
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:08pm

David Duvall As my wife Jamie said Dr Pat and the entire staff at Animal House are our #1. Kizer and Ciara just love the whole staff.
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 4:17pm

LuAnn Gwidt Congrats to all-what a shame for this to have happened-Dr.Pat you are the best!-
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:18pm

Kathy Van Lanen How awful! Congrats Dr Pat we r proud!!
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 4:49pm

Diane Cundy Congratulations Dr. Pat as well as the other 19 finalists!!
I can only shake my head at the stupidity of a few who use hate tactics to get their point across...
SHAME ON THEM...
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:54pm

Kelly Koenig Benzschawel Congratulations Dr. Pat and Animal House! You have been such a blessing to so many animal families and we are so thankful for your dedication!
Like · Reply · 2 · Yesterday at 5:06pm

Kristie Eastman Katch Congrats Dr. Pat! What an honor to be chosen from over 500 nominations, that alone is a tremendous honor. I can't let these hackers cloud over all the tremendous work you do. You are a asset to our community and one of the best doctors I know. Thank you for all you do!!
Like · Reply · 2 · 23 hours ago
1 Reply

Alice Rocque-Angermeier We all know that Dr. Pat and the entire staff at Animal House are the BEST!! Just ask Cooper, Callie, Cobe & Terri. And of course their humans. We are so thankful & feel blessed for everything you have done for us!!!
Like · Reply · 2 · 23 hours ago

Brenda Kundert-Winney Congratulations Dr. Pat!! You're a winner in ours and Bella's eyes!!
Brenda Kundert-Winney's photo.
Like · Reply · 2 · 22 hours ago

Kathy Dobbin Ludt You and your team are awesome! What will I have to look forward to tomorrow?!
Like · Reply · 2 · 21 hours ago

Debra A Schmidt How sad that this happened.Its to bad that some people have problems behaving as adults .Dr. Pat you and your staff are most definitely #1 in my book and so many others.Thanks for everything and celebrate being #1.
Like · Reply · 2 · 21 hours ago

Shea McEwen That is horrible. You'll always be the Best of the Bay and that's the one that really counts to the people who really matter!
Like · Reply · 2 · 20 hours ago

Wendy Bjorlin You're MY favorite vet!!!!!!!!!
Like · Reply · 2 · 19 hours ago

Carl Laes When do I start????
Like · Reply · 2 · 19 hours ago

Patrick Van Eyck DR.Mike.
Like · Reply · 18 hours ago

Ellen Ney Van Dyke You were a winner before the contest. We're all lucky to have you here.
Like · Reply · 2 · 18 hours ago

Mary Elizabeth Martin Every vote I cast was done with sincerity!! You are the best ( in many ways) AND your profile speaks volumes about you as a person and as a veterinarian!! #proudsister# Patrick Warpinski
Like · Reply · 1 · 9 hours ago

Michele Neary So sad that this happened. I think we all know Dr. Pat is the best, we just wanted the world to know.!
Like · Reply · 2 · 8 hours ago

Patrick Warpinski Thank you for the kind nod!
Like · 2 hours ago

Dawn Persson Czerwinski How sad is that!
Like · Reply · 50 minutes ago · Edited

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2015, 05:47:59 PM »
From "5." in post http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27549;topicseen#msg27549

Whom are allegedly "cowards"?

CareFirst Animal Hospital shared American Veterinary Medical Foundation (AVMF)'s photo.
Yesterday at 2:27pm ·

Well, that's sad. Thanks everyone who voted for Dr. Wages! We appreciate all of your support!

CareFirst Animal Hospital Thank you all so much for the support. It is unfortunate that the terrible actions of a few ruin a great thing for many. We are proud of Dr. Wages and all the veterinarians with CareFirst Animal Hospital and so thankful for all the wonderful clients and patients who call us their vet! Ya'll are amazing smile emoticon
Like · Reply · 4 · 8 hrs

Holly Neal This was a disappointing turn of events. We are all thankful for Dr Wages and all the caring (CareFirst) veterinarians at Oberlin Rd.
Like · 8 hrs

Diane Burianek Chitwood How sad...why do people feel they have the right to attack another person? All of these veterinarians are winners! The losers are the ones that bully.
Like · Reply · 9 · Yesterday at 2:32pm

Wanda Honeycutt Jackson Dr Wages is the best!
Like · Reply · 2 · 20 hrs

Alan Harris Wages still has the vote here.
Like · Reply · 1 · 20 hrs

Holly Neal Betty and Sly both say Dr. Wages is the cat's meow ! Don't know what to say about having to end the contest.
Like · Reply · 2 · 22 hrs

Jill Livengood Liles Dr Wages is still Shooter's fave (and mine)
Like · Reply · 1 · 8 hrs

Sandy Bishop Dr. Wages still gets my vote!
Like · Reply · 4 · 22 hrs

Chris Thomsen Wow, kind of speechless. Dr. Wages is always tops in our book anyway!!!
Like · Reply · 8 · Yesterday at 3:04pm

Terri Atkinson People suck!
Like · Reply · 5 · Yesterday at 3:04pm

Debra Smith People hide behind the Internet to do and say things they wouldn't dare say or do in person. Hope they catch who did this, and that justice is swift.
Like · Reply · 3 · Yesterday at 4:52pm

Terry Johnson Preston Terribly sad
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 5:39pm

Gail Poole Simmons Disheartening.
Like · Reply · 16 hrs

Karen Kellogg Starting to hate the internet.
Like · Reply · 5 hrs

Lisa McLaughlin I agree with Terri Atkinson!
Like · Reply · 22 hrs

Maggie Margarey THIS IS SO SAD!
Like · Reply · 20 hrs

Eileen Fallath White What in the world? This is somewhat frightening.
Like · Reply · Yesterday at 5:46pm

Gwen Miller Cowards...
Like · Reply · 4 hrs · Edited

Susan Liles "Buddy" agrees that Dr. Wages is the cat's meow!!
Like · Reply · 9 hrs

Gwen Miller Rebecca Coburn did u see this? Cowards..they're all cowards..frown emoticon
Like · Reply · 3 hrs

Kellie Wester frown emoticon
Like · Reply · 1 · Yesterday at 4:33pm

« Last Edit: August 27, 2015, 05:52:24 PM by DeeDee »

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2015, 05:53:07 PM »
So those are all the comments that I was referring to originally in: http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=3831.msg27549;topicseen#msg27549

As Lola pointed out, there was some definite passive-aggressive feelings being spouted by some. A few of these were very loudly/daily campaigning for votes, but others were very humble and being contenders was barely mentioned by them. Those humble ones seemed to be too busy with work to campaign--or didn't have a campaign manager as things sometimes seemed.

I can't find evidence of the "bullying" being left behind, only allegations that it occurred. But I did find evidence of snark, and you've got it here now.