Author Topic: Can you beleive this ad for Pedigree!  (Read 1208 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Can you beleive this ad for Pedigree!
« on: February 20, 2016, 08:46:37 PM »

Doh1 Doh1 Doh1

Picture of a child pulling on the lip of a dog who is clearly uncomfortable. It's raised an uproar at least, but apparently Pedigree is defending it, not even realizing that this picture has actually been used in other campaigns to illustrate how NOT to behave around a dog.

http://coventryvets.ca/2015/03/06/coventry-animal-hospital-looks-at-how-to-keep-children-safe-around-dogs/

blurb under the same pic as used in the pedigree ad:

Note the warning signs this dog is showing: leaning away, half-moon eyes, pleading look to owners to stop the situation. Without intervention, this dog may bite the baby since the dog is clearly uncomfortable.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Can you beleive this ad for Pedigree!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 12:10:01 AM »
Just another time where I have to point out that the parent is going for the viral Internet sensation at the detriment of the animal, and they should be ashamed of themselves.

BTW, this photo has gone around a lot before it was stuck up as this ad. I'm betting that Pedigree doesn't have proper copyright permission from the original photographer.

Just another time where the company doesn't care about anything but its own self.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:25:42 AM »
BTW, this photo has gone around a lot before it was stuck up as this ad. I'm betting that Pedigree doesn't have proper copyright permission from the original photographer.

Yes, it's part of a disgusting compilation in you tube called "cute dogs and babies" or something like that, with a number of videos showing kids abusing dogs and the parents encouraging/laughing.

And then...people wonder why dogs bite children .."out of the blue".   bangshead

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2016, 10:10:06 AM »
Yes, it's part of a disgusting compilation in you tube called "cute dogs and babies" or something like that, with a number of videos showing kids abusing dogs and the parents encouraging/laughing.

And then...people wonder why dogs bite children .."out of the blue".   bangshead

It's been in a lot of blogs and other "what not to do to your dog" examples, yet someone said (I kept on reading comments last night) that Pedigree actually answered one of the complaints saying something to the effect of a parent sent them that photo. Ummm. Yeah. If they think that's what really happened, then I see someone in advertising losing their job.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 10:57:11 AM »
Well I've not seen some get replies in FB yet, but I got a reply in Twitter.

https://twitter.com/PedigreeUS/status/701796852144939009

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 11:54:39 AM »
Thanks for reaching out regarding the ad. Photo is being replaced by 1 that more responsibly shows close bond btw pets &owners
   thumbsup1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 11:57:58 AM »
Now, if they would just make their Puppy "food" species appropriate.  Even when I had only a slight clue about pet food, I wouldn't have fed this carp.  UGH!

GROUND WHOLE GRAIN CORN, POULTRY BY-PRODUCT MEAL, BREWERS RICE, CORN GLUTEN MEAL (SOURCE OF LUTEIN), ANIMAL FAT (SOURCE OF OMEGA 6 FATTY ACIDS [PRESERVED WITH BHA/CITRIC ACID]), GROUND WHOLE GRAIN WHEAT, SOYBEAN MEAL, NATURAL FLAVOR (SOURCE OF MEATIER FLAVOR), CHICKEN BY- PRODUCT MEAL, BREWERS DRIED YEAST, SALT, CALCIUM CARBONATE, FISH OIL ([SOURCE OF DHA] PRESERVED WITH MIXED TOCOPHEROLS), POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, MONOCALCIUM PHOSPHATE, TAURINE, DRIED PEAS, VITAMIN E SUPPLEMENT, L-ASCORBYL-2-POLYPHOSPHATE (SOURCE OF VITAMIN C), CHOLINE CHLORIDE, ZINC SULFATE, MARIGOLD EXTRACT, DRIED CARROTS, BHA & CITRIC ACID (A PRESERVATIVE), YELLOW 5, BLUE 2, YELLOW 6, COPPER SULFATE, RED 40, POTASSIUM IODIDE, D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE, VITAMIN A SUPPLEMENT, THIAMINE MONONITRATE (VITAMIN B1), BIOTIN, RIBOFLAVIN SUPPLEMENT (VITAMIN B2), VITAMIN D3 SUPPLEMENT, VITAMIN B12 SUPPLEMENT, FOLIC ACID.

Those ingredients make me sad for the puppies.   

http://www.pedigree.com/really-good-food/pedigree-puppy-complete-nutrition-for-puppies.aspx
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 12:11:00 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 04:55:28 PM »
But I didn't come off as too witchy. Did I?  I'd hate for them to hate our group.

Yeah. That's *sarcasm* again.

Tags: