Author Topic: Open Letter To The Media From Pet Owners  (Read 1781 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Open Letter To The Media From Pet Owners
« on: July 16, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
Millions of heartbroken pet owners remain totally oblivious to common sense and the indisputable, no thanks to the powerful influences of "trusted" institutions; Conflicts of interest fueled by greed.

Snip...

ANSWERS NOBODY KNOWS
1) Can anyone enlighten as to any actual medicine and/or nutritional benefits derived from these combinations of main ingredients which have been "prescribed" for:

a. Canine, mammal in the order Carnivora: Whole Grain Corn, Corn Gluten Meal, Chicken By-Product Meal, Soybean Mill Run, Powdered Cellulose, Soybean Meal, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, Lactic Acid, Soybean Oil, Caramel Color, DL-Methionine...

b. Feline, obligatory carnivorous species: Brewers Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Pork Fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols and citric acid), Chicken By-Product Meal, Dried Egg Product, Dried Chicken, Powdered Cellulose, Fish Meal, Lactic Acid, Calcium Carbonate, Chicken Liver Flavor, Dried Beet Pulp, DL-Methionine... Iodized Salt ...

2) WHY would a client-consumer totally suspend all belief and logic in regard to these species and actually feed this to their own? (Because it's being labeled, sold, and prescribed as "Prescription", therefore being perceived as MEDICINE.)

So:

3) Can anybody cite any actual MEDICINE in these "prescription formulas"? (Answer is right on the INGREDIENT LABELS.)

4) Then how can they possibly justify the PRICE -- as much as $75.00 -- which naive clients shell out for it, especially when comparing the INGREDIENTS side-by-side with a bargain brands' ingredients? (See ALPO's Savory Beef which lists BEEF and CHICKEN within the first FOUR main ingredients.)

5) Can they also explain why they think carnivorous companion mammals should be eating sawdust (of PINE TREE) and Soybean Mill Run 5-a.) Are they even aware of just what that Powdered Cellulose comes from?

6) Has it ever occurred to people that eating species-inappropriate things is what actually CAUSES all the most common ailments and diseases in the first place?

There is a WHOLE lot more to read here:

http://hubpages.com/hub/Open-Letter-To-The-Media-From-Pet-Owners

I am NOT the one that penned the above letter.  As much as I wouldn't mind being given the credit...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2011, 09:03:32 AM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Open Letter To The Media From Pet Owners
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 03:40:08 PM »
LOVED the letter to the "Worthless Mainstream Media."  Did CC write that?   :D

After Pookie's sister had an endoscopy, the vet (Dr. Clueless' office but a different vet) pushed a "prescription" food (had tried them in the past and didn't notice much difference) and I asked if there was medicine in it, and why can't I just give her the medicine?  I was told the food was "specially formulated" so her cells wouldn't recognize the protein as foreign and attack it (triggering the inflammation).  Something in me didn't really believe it -- so you're tricking her body into digesting something it normally would barf out? -- but since I didn't have the medical know-how to argue with her, and was desperate to get my cat feeling better, I'm sorry to say I bought the stuff.   :( >:( :(  Nope, it didn't really help.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 08:21:39 PM »
Pookie, almost everyone has done the same thing. There was no way to know any different.

Did you see the Catsfur who knows how much healthier wet is, so feeds wet (tigger?)

YET because she bought "rx" dry from vet, she uses it as "treats" so it don't go to waste!

So since it's apparently more than obvious that there is no medicinal remedies in the stuff,  do you wonder why she don't just get her money back when she KNOWS it's not what her cat needs?   :-\   There are  MUCH healthier treats out there with less carbohydrates -- for less $!!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2011, 11:56:39 AM »
Pookie, almost everyone has done the same thing. There was no way to know any different.

Did you see the Catsfur who knows how much healthier wet is, so feeds wet (tigger?)

YET because she bought "rx" dry from vet, she uses it as "treats" so it don't go to waste!

So since it's apparently more than obvious that there is no medicinal remedies in the stuff,  do you wonder why she don't just get her money back when she KNOWS it's not what her cat needs?   :-\   There are  MUCH healthier treats out there with less carbohydrates -- for less $!!

I still feel like doing this  bangshead for buying the crap.  Sigh . . .

offtopic1  Haven’t seen Tigger, but on a side note, I tried to return an unopened, unexpired bag of Rx food WITH RECEIPT to Dr. Clueless' office (after I’d left his practice) and they wouldn’t take it.  The excuse was “it’s too late.”  So I donated it to the local no-kill shelter.  I know, not the best quality stuff to give them, but I didn’t know what else to do with it.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2011, 12:01:03 PM »
I tried to return an unopened, unexpired bag of Rx food WITH RECEIPT to Dr. Clueless' office (after I’d left his practice) and they wouldn’t take it.  The excuse was “it’s too late.” 

WOW  Too late for what?  (Is there a jerkface smiley?)
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: