Author Topic: EFT can ease your pet’s emotions  (Read 2146 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
EFT can ease your pet’s emotions
« on: May 26, 2016, 04:58:13 PM »
There's a chart in the page. . .

http://animalwellnessmagazine.com/eft-can-ease-pets-emotions/

Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT), or Tapping, can help with anxiety, phobias and related problems in dogs and cats.

Emotional Freedom Technique is a healing modality that can quiet the nervous system in people and pets. Created by Gary Craig in the 1990s, it involves tapping on a sequence of certain acupressure points, mostly around the head and face, with the intention of releasing trapped emotions. EFT, also known as Tapping, releases old thought patterns that create fears, phobias and anxiety in people, dogs and cats. It heals emotional wounds, can alleviate physical pain, and helps animals in training and/or working environments to slow down and focus.

Thousands of years ago, Chinese medicine discovered the meridian system that runs through the human and animal body. The meridians are an energetic map of the body’s physical system. Each acupressure point on the body lies within a meridian system, each meridian system is associated with an organ, and each organ is associated with an emotion. This is why tapping on a particular acupressure point can have a positive influence on emotions.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: EFT can ease your pet’s emotions
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2016, 06:59:34 PM »
But...tapping?  Tapping can hurt.  How on earth do you tap a cat around they eye with two fingers?

I'd like to try this but I don't like the idea of tapping.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
But...tapping?  Tapping can hurt.  How on earth do you tap a cat around they eye with two fingers?

I don't like the eye area part either. But tap yourself on the forehead. It doesn't hurt. You're not trying to beat them to death, just repetitious contact that breaks into everything else and sort of shorts it out until it disappears.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2016, 09:45:35 PM »

I didn't read this link, but have read about tapping before.  The version I saw was that you don't need to tap the animal:  you tap yourself.  It's been a while since I read it, but I think while you were tapping yourself you were saying something that referred to the animal you wanted to help.  I'll try to find the site and post the link here.

This isn't the site I'm thinking of, but it also discusses "tapping by proxy."  http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2012/05/16/eft-on-pets.aspx
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2016, 04:47:23 AM »
I don't like the eye area part either. But tap yourself on the forehead. It doesn't hurt. You're not trying to beat them to death, just repetitious contact that breaks into everything else and sort of shorts it out until it disappears.

But that's just it Dee, it DOES hurt.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2016, 09:32:30 AM »
But that's just it Dee, it DOES hurt.

Doesn't me unless I do the tapping motions with any kind of force.  :-\

Tags: