Author Topic: Willard Water  (Read 6463 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Willard Water
« on: June 21, 2016, 08:01:56 PM »
After reading so much about it today... I'm giving WW its own thread.   Silly7

Snip..
Dr. Willard’s Water® is not a nutrient, but a vehicle by which nutrients are carried throughout the body’s cells, and by which waste is carried away from the cells with water as a means of transportation.  Animal research has shown that Dr. Willard’s Water® significantly increases the body’s ability to fully absorb essential vitamins and nutrients!
www.drwillard.com
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Willard Water
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2016, 08:02:54 PM »
Veterinarians Discuss Their Use Of Willard Water
http://www.balancedforhealth.com/vets.htm

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2016, 08:05:00 PM »
Article that was in Whole Dog Journal in 2006:

http://drwillard.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/WDJ-web-only-pdf.pdf

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2016, 08:51:02 PM »
Article that was in Whole Dog Journal in 2006:

http://drwillard.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/WDJ-web-only-pdf.pdf

Okay, one thing here that sound scary to me:

Willard Water is sold in plastic
bottles. Dr. Willard recommended
that the concentrate not be stored
in glass because its long-term
storage actually weakens glass
and causes it to break.

Now, if something will weaken glass, it kind of scares me. Plus, if  it will weaken glass, then what's it doing to the plastic it's being stored in?

Just my head running things through.

If you decide to try it, be aware that the Whole Dog article warns about too much and diarrhea.

and:

One fluid ounce (2 tablespoons)
concentrate per gallon of water is
the strength recommended for daily
human consumption as well as for
topical application on pets and people.
This same strength is a good
daily drinking water for animals with
acute or chronic health problems or
for any animals during hot weather or
times of stress. (Note that these recommendations
are for Clear Willard
Water and Dark XLR-8 Plus Willard
Water. The greatly diluted Dark
XXX product requires 2¼ times the
amounts listed here.)
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2016, 09:16:26 PM »
I read something else about the packaging that made me uncomfortable.  I don't remember the exact wording... or where I read it... so I'll stay mum, until I find the info again. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2016, 09:32:40 PM »
I gave WW its own thread because...I did a lot of reading today about feline herpes.  It seems everything I read, I kept running into Willard Water being mentioned.  It has been around for a long time... today was the first time I noticed anyone mention it. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2016, 09:44:32 PM »
I've heard of it before, but for some reason that I can't remember now, I rejected it. It might have been the glass/plastic thing though.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2016, 09:48:20 PM »
I'm still mulling over the idea of giving the cats and dog Willard Water for a calming effect.  The glass vs plastic is holding me back. 
It is sold in plastic bottle because it can be stored for long periods of time and if it were bottled in glass the glass would eventually weaken and break.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2016, 10:31:55 PM »
I'm still mulling over the idea of giving the cats and dog Willard Water for a calming effect.  The glass vs plastic is holding me back. 

There's an expiration date on water bottled in plastic b/c it will eventually leach out into the water. I know someone that works for a sort of local water plant (Nestle Water Red Boiling Springs), and I asked. The chemicals that make up the plastic bottles eventually break down. If you ever get a bottle of water that tastes funny, pour it out and don't drink anymore from that case. The quality of water bottled in plastic depends on a lot of things including where/how it's stored. Heat can change things.

Now if something is weakening glass, I can't even begin to imagine what it's doing to plastic.

Research found that the concentration of certain chemicals, such as antimony, increases the longer the water sits in the plastic bottle. It increases over time because the plastic is leaching chemicals into the water. Antimony is a white metallic element that in small doses can cause nausea, dizziness and depression. In large doses, it can be fatal. Antimony is similar chemically to lead. It is also a potentially toxic trace element.

https://www.banthebottle.net/articles/7-bottled-water-myths-busted/
« Last Edit: July 03, 2016, 10:37:53 PM by DeeDee »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2016, 10:57:15 AM »
There is so much info about plastics, bottling, and water in general... I'm going to change the direction to the POSSIBLE benefits of Willards Water.

What I find interesting is the ones that state how well it works for SO many issues... yet no one can explain why. 

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2016, 10:58:02 AM »
Willard water is chemically processed water containing ingredients such as rock salt, calciumchloride, and magnesium sulfate. Willard water was developed in the early twentieth century at the South Dakota School of Mines by a chemistry professor named John Wesley Willard, Ph.D. He developed and patented this special water as an industrial cleanser to clean and degrease train parts. People in the town tried taking Willard water as medicine. Soon Willard water became legendary as a cure-all for almost every disease known to humans and animals, and as a plant fertilizer.

People take Willard water for arthritis, acne, anxiety, nervous stomach, high blood pressure, ulcers, and hair loss.

Willard water is used as a treatment for leukemia in cows and cats.

In manufacturing, Willard water is used as a food preserver and a laundry aid.

How does it work?
There isn't enough information available to understand how Willard water might work.
http://www.webmd.com/vitamins-supplements/ingredientmono-696-willard%20water.aspx?activeingredientid=696

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2016, 11:00:05 AM »
Willard Water For Pets and Livestock

Dr. D., Massachusetts: "I’m a vet and use it with my animals. I had one cat that had a busted and infected foot and the only thing I used was some herbs and some Willard Water and that rascal healed and shouldn’t have, you know, without surgery or anything because the bone was infected from an old trap wound. Within a month everything was heale
http://www.balancedforhealth.com/animals.htm

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2016, 11:00:59 AM »
Veterinarians Discuss Their Use Of Willard Water
http://www.balancedforhealth.com/vets.htm

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2016, 11:08:20 AM »
I just find it really odd that it has been around for so many years and so many swear by it.  I had more links/testimonies from people I normally view as normal   Silly7  I didn't bookmark the info and am not in the mood to do a new search right now. 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2016, 11:29:27 AM »
Willard water was developed in the early twentieth century at the South Dakota School of Mines by a chemistry professor named John Wesley Willard, Ph.D.

Did they even have plastic bottles back then? They really didn't know much about how plastics will break down whenever they started using plastic to store it in.

I had one cat that had a busted and infected foot and the only thing I used was some herbs and some Willard Water and that rascal healed and shouldn’t have, you know, without surgery or anything because the bone was infected from an old trap wound.

Using herbs as a poultice for wounds has been common in the past, and is regaining popularity. I think it might be the external use that was the biggest helper, since they don't know.

Willard water is chemically processed water containing ingredients such as rock salt, calcium chloride, and magnesium sulfate.

I think so because using it externally might be the same as what they had me do with Vlad when he got that really bad hotspot on his paw before. Wet bandaging.

Place gauze on top of the wound, then soak it down with saline. Then wrap it up & change in 48 hours. Willard water has rock salt in it. Would correlate w/saline. I know for sure that Vlad's paw healed magically doing that along with the antibiotics.

Calcium Chloride is basically one of the salts which is why it makes a good deicer, but it's also used with treating magnesium sulfate overdose.  https://www.drugs.com/pro/calcium-chloride.html

Magnesium sulfate, can have some of the same effects as Milk of Magnesia (magnesium hydroxide) if too much ingested or given.
See Minor side-effects: https://www.drugs.com/sfx/magnesium-sulfate-side-effects.html

SO, not sure what to tell you. I just know that I'm afraid of what else might be in it after being stored in plastic if it's been long enough to break it down. Weakening glass sounds scary.

Tags: willard water