Author Topic: Re: Arrows - Dental  (Read 9279 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Re: Arrows - Dental
« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2017, 11:15:48 AM »
So did he have any extractions? Pain meds?  How is he in himself, and eating? Was he put on antibiotics?

Arrows was back to being himself days before the dental.  So, I think there was something else also going.  I'll yap about that later. 

The vet talked a lot about one tooth in particular.  I got a good look at it, before the dental. It had resorptive (resorption?) issues.  According to the chart I posted... 3 teeth were extracted. 

Yes, I was given pain meds for Arrows.   Buprinex.  I squirted it into the side of his mouth... half of the syringe on each side.  I was given 5 syringes.  Arrows was a willing participate for 3 doses.  He wanted no part of the last 2 doses. 

No antibiotics.

Arrows was pretty "off" for several hours, after we got home.  I kept him (alone) in a bedroom with me the rest of the day.  He was cute... he laid next to me with his head on my pillow. We both took a nap.  I didn't have the heart to move him to the foot of the bed. 

He goes back for a check-up in two weeks.  First time either vet suggested a check-up, after a dental.  I think it is a good thing.  I won't have to wonder or assume all is well... I will know! 
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 08:59:18 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Arrows - Dental
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2017, 06:31:58 PM »
  I kept him (alone) in a bedroom with me the rest of the day.  He was cute... he laid next to me with his head on my pillow. We both took a nap.  I didn't have the heart to move him to the foot of the bed. 

AWWWWWW!!!  heartbeatgif
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi