Cats > Cat Food And Nutrition

How pure is the lovely fat?

(1/3) > >>

Middle Child:
Would this fat be okay to use for the cats? It's such a beautiful fat I hate to waste it! It's the fat that rose from the top of my chicken gravy. The gravy is made with the drippings from one roasted chicken and the bone broth from the freezer from another chicken. (Both chickens are free ranging, certified organic non-GMO project verified chicken)

A little flour for thickening and water were added to the gravy when I made it, of course. Does the flour raise with the fat or is it pure fat? Would it be okay for my girls?

There is nothing else added to the chicken, broth or gravy. No salt, no flavorings, no spices. I cook very plain.

DeeDee:
Generally, when heated, fat will be clear-ish. I think I'd test it that way first.

Lola:
With your kitties sensitivities... would the good of the gravy be worth the POSSIBLE bad of the flour? 

Pookie:

--- Quote from: Lola on April 17, 2017, 09:53:05 PM ---With your kitties sensitivities... would the good of the gravy be worth the POSSIBLE bad of the flour? 

--- End quote ---

I was wondering about that, too, at least where Mazy's concerned.  But I have no idea what "flour raise with the fat" means so I didn't want to say anything.   :-\

Middle Child:
Lola- not the gravy, just the fat. I wasn't planning on giving it to Mazy cat, she gets her fat with raw skin. Just Jennie and maybe Queen Eva.

Pookie what I am asking is if the flour added to the gravy is in the fat.  When the gravy cools the fat raises to the top, and I skim it off.  (see picture) When fat rises like that, does flour rise with it or does the flour remain in the liquid part of the gravy only?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version