Author Topic: International Cat Care comes out against declawing  (Read 1350 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
International Cat Care comes out against declawing
« on: May 26, 2017, 05:06:19 PM »
International Cat Cat has issued a statement taking the position that declawing is unethical mutilation

https://icatcare.org/declawing-cats

International Cat Care (iCatCare) and its veterinary division the International Society of Feline Medicine (ISFM) consider the declawing of cats for anything other than genuine therapeutic medical reasons to be an act of mutilation, and to be unethical.

iCatCare and ISFM support the World Small Animal Veterinary Association (WSAVA) Code of Conduct in calling for legislation to be passed wherever possible to prohibit the performance of non-therapeutic surgical procedures, including declawing.

I wonder if I should have kept all these links to one thread?

I can't make up my mind about that.  I could gather them together all in one....or are they better left as individual threads?

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: International Cat Care comes out against declawing
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2017, 06:17:37 PM »
For my Tweeting, it's better in separate ones.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: International Cat Care comes out against declawing
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2017, 06:52:20 PM »
Okay Dee, then that settles it.  Thank you!  Hug1

Tags: declaw declawing