Author Topic: Foods 55 Times Worse Than Giving Your Pet Water From Flint, Michigan  (Read 797 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Busted: 55 Times Worse Than Giving Your Pet Water From Flint, Michigan

Story at-a-glance

A small non-profit organization, Clean Label Project, has tested over 900 of the best-selling pet foods for over 130 contaminants and toxins

Lead, arsenic, mercury and cadmium were found in a variety of tested pet foods; contaminants of one kind or another were measured in nearly every food

Examples include high levels of lead in a Wellness grain-free cat food and an Orijen dog food; a Rachael Ray formula contained high levels of mercury

Read more at: http://healthypets.mercola.com/sites/healthypets/archive/2017/07/03/contaminants-in-pet-food.aspx

« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 09:35:59 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Foods 55 Times Worse Than Giving Your Pet Water From Flint, Michigan
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 01:52:21 PM »
Did you read the comments?  Someone posted a link about the "independent lab" that was used.  I'm posting the link here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/dogs/comments/6l0vs4/discussion_recent_claims_by_clean_label_project/

I confess, reading it made my head hurt, and I'm still not sure I followed it all.  But I wanted to share it.

BTW, that's not to say the results aren't valid.  But they may not be.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Foods 55 Times Worse Than Giving Your Pet Water From Flint, Michigan
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 02:02:37 PM »

BTW, that's not to say the results aren't valid.  But they may not be.

No. Never read comments, but it disturbed me when I searched Hills Science Diet and came up with 5-star items. Not anywhere near all of their foods tested though.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: