Author Topic: Another story about Queen Eva's Puffs  (Read 103 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Another story about Queen Eva's Puffs
« on: November 05, 2017, 01:33:07 PM »
You all have heard about Queen Eva's Puffs, I know. She has two that are down to nubs that she will play with (her Solitary Games).  She has a hundred others she won't play with.  The reunited Purple one was lost within a week of it being found again, never to be seen again, so it's just these two white ones.

One went missing, seemingly permanently.

Queen Eva and I have been looking almost daily, since early September for this missing Puff.  But I never found it.

Anyway Friday morning as I was making my coffee and getting Mazy cat's pre-meal ready I noticed Queen Eva sitting by the fridge exuding some sort of anxiety or anticipation.  Every time I looked her way she nodded toward the bottom of the fridge and the wooden stick that lays there.

I finally realized she was trying to tell me something so (with an early morning stiffness groan) I got down on the floor and started swishing around under the fridge with the wood, and lo and behold, out popped the missing Puff.  Now I know that Puff wasn't under there before because I have not only swished under there a hundred times before, but have pulled the whole refrigerator out to check behind.

So somehow, somewhere she either found it, or has been keeping it in hiding.  She must have played with it after unearthing it and chased it under there the night before.

No matter what I am thrilled to have it back as it's only one of two that she actually will play with and I always worry what will happen if they are both lost.

I hope the purple Puff will turn up again sometimes but it's been years.

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Re: Another story about Queen Eva's Puffs
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:50:37 AM »
I saw this earlier and thought she might like something that looks like it's got a face? something to hunt? There are a bunch of them in the comments too.

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:40:16 AM »
And I realize these are technically dog toys, but she might like some of these because of their resemblance to animals:

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/thinnies-no-squeakers

They have a lot of toys that are specially for cats too. She might like something that crinkles:

https://www.jefferspet.com/search?utf8=✓&animal%5B%5D=Cat&q=toys&button=search

Including Tinsel balls:

https://www.jefferspet.com/products/tinsel-balls-large-each
« Last Edit: November 06, 2017, 10:43:04 AM by DeeDee »
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Administrator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
    • Parenting Furkids
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 12:28:12 PM »
Yeah, you might start looking for something new now.  Before it is an emergency.  lol
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2017, 01:19:31 PM »
She has plenty of choices already, including the types Dee linked to up above (the second link just takes me back to this thread though, what's up with that?)

For interactive play, she plays with many types of toys, most of her own invention, not bought.  You must  know I provide a vast array of choices for my girls! lol For her solitary games, those two bald Puffs are the only things that will do.

Tags:

'Hare