Author Topic: RadCat (Raw)  (Read 8796 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
RadCat (Raw)
« on: August 01, 2011, 07:09:32 PM »
http://www.radfood.com/index

All of our meats are:
•USDA Inspected and US Sourced
•Antibiotic and hormone-free
•Free-range or pasture-raised

Our products contain:
•No preservatives
•No by-products
•No grains
•No fruits or vegetables

The Founders

Tracey Hatch is a Licensed Acupuncturist and Herbalist with a Masters degree in Oriental Medicine. Her background includes years of nutritional, science, and medical studies. Janice Rizzi is a Certified Management Accountant and Software Developer, with a background in the Natural Foods industry. Together, we decided to start a company where we could offer this amazing food to other health conscious people who want to feed their cats like the carnivores they are.

Our food, mission, and philosophy have remained unchanged from the beginnings in our own home kitchen, through the formation of our company, to today where we manufacture our food in our own production facility with a staff of great people who care about the product they are making.

I know...I'm a pain in the rear.  Looking for a way to start s l o w l y.  

CC will LOVE the following:

For humans and some other animals, our chewing process is very effective in that our jaws allow us to "grind". Cats, however, do not 'chew' and grind as we do ...
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 07:15:48 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: RadCat (Raw)
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 10:15:04 AM »
Found a store listed (in town) that sells RadCat.   dance1  I'm sooo looking forward to checking it out soon.  Hope they also carry something for dogs.  The store doesn't have a website, so I can't get the full "scoop."  :(

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »
I am hoping to add this food to my Struvite Kitty's rotation. I've been "drooling" over it for months! In addition to all the other good things, they don't add bone.  SK cannot digest bone.  They use a "human grade bone meal"

My problem will be getting it. No local source and the only place I've found that ships has a minimum order of four pounds.  So I have to get a small freezer first.  I am looking at small chest freezers (space is an issue) or one of the little upright table top ones (doesn't hold as much but I could set it on top of the fridge or a corner of my kitchen table) Both cost about the same.

Be sure to keep us posted on how it goes over at your house.

The forum posted this before I was finished typing  how did that happen I wonder.

Offline Verrlara

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 04:36:52 PM »
I feed radcat to my two girls and their stools have improved much from the transition.

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 07:44:46 PM »
Hi Verrlara!  I LOVE the Rad Cat! So do my cats!  They don't get it exclusively, because I wouldn't be able to feed myself, if they did  ;D, but it's part of their daily rotation.

Isn't it a beautiful food?  :)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 03:59:01 AM »
I feed radcat to my two girls and their stools have improved much from the transition.

Do you feed other brands also? 
I soooooo want to try RadCat.  But apparently it takes an act of God to be able to get it in town.  :(

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2013, 08:06:27 PM »

We are proud to announce that Rad Cat is now available in western Canada!!

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2013, 12:48:45 AM »
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2013, 04:53:03 AM »
Incidentally Rad Cat now uses organic egg shell powder rather than bone meal for their calcium source.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 06:33:57 PM »
3-ish years later... I pushed the button and ordered.  RadCat can thank By Nature.  lol 

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2015, 05:11:15 AM »
I love this food. If I had adequate freezer space I might even consider trying Mazy cat on it full time except....I don't know how I would get her supplements into her, or get enough meals into her.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2015, 01:08:46 PM »
I rotated brands of can food, for I don't know how long.  More recently I've added raw from Hare-Today, into the rotation.  Since raw is better... and the troubles that have recently come up with favorite can food brands... I figure I may as well shoot for rotating raw brands/suppliers.  Rotate can out.

At one time, I wanted to keep feeding some can due to circumstances that MAY occur...and it is a bit less expensive. 
IF I was able to get someone to care for the pets, while I went of vacation or something.... would that person be willing to feed raw?  What IF there was an extended vet stay? 
Carp like that.

Well....A second job will take care of the added expense.  lol 
Anyone that I would have care for our pets...would be the kind of person that would do as instructed.  Besides... what would be the difference from scooping out of a can, or scooping out of a recently thawed freezer container?  I don't feed prey model, so the ew factor is pretty low scale. 
As far as an extended vet stay...no matter what I feed, the fight will be on - over Hills or Purina vet recommended carp.  Sooooo I'll cross that bridge, when or if I have to. 
I am VERY fortunate I have freezer space.  We have a small really old freezer.  I keep wanting to replace it, with a bigger one...before I HAVE to.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 05:11:21 PM »
Rad Cat is due to arrive tomorrow.  I am STOKED!  Only you people can understand that.  :)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 05:23:53 PM »
I'd have problems w/food being ordered like that. I wouldn't be able to get it past the front door entry.

V&B are CONVINCED that everything that comes in this house is theirs, and they try to start getting into the boxes right there at the door.

NAH. They're not spoiled.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2015, 08:14:34 PM »
Everyone, but Roxy, likes Rad Cat.  BUT in Rad Cat's defense... she normally doesn't take to anything new right away.  First two meals I added a topper, and did a lot of coaxing. Third meal ...I served at the counter and talked to her while she ate.  She should be good to go now.  :)

Tags: radcat radfood.com raw