Author Topic: Concerns about Izzi  (Read 4388 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Concerns about Izzi
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2018, 09:24:04 AM »
Small portions are being served every time she comes by and tells me she is hungry. This morning she actually got underfoot and chattered up a storm and ate a full plate which is about 1/3 small can and 5 or so tiny kibbles. Small seconds were accepted 30 minutes later. I have to be sneaky or the aunties show up. Shadow actually hissed at me when I stopped her from pushing Izzi away from her food. One day at a time, one can at a time. Her ribs are not sticking out anymore, she is playful and her grown up coat is starting to come in. There must be some meerkat in her DNA or a Georgia chain gang escapee - her striped hind legs are too much. Happiness - the sound of 'I am starving to death, food, now'. She makes these tiny dog squeaky toy sounds when the demand of tchack tchack does not bring immediate results.

funny2 funny2

thumbsup1 thumbsup1

Offline ThreeStep

• Motor Mouth
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2018, 04:58:28 PM »
We are trying to reduce the snacks. As long as I work from home - no problem. But there is a big problem looming on the horizon - FIL is in the final stages of dementia and his wife ignores it. Both are in their late 80s. It will mean renting a motorhome (we cannot sleep in their home; between two lakes, golf course, ... A/C does not get used, nothing gets thrown out, ....) and spending a week in GA so the pride will need a sitter. Anyone wants to spend a week or two in OK? Full freezer/bar, huge hot tub, fasted internet available, will pay cash? Exactly! We had very good sitters and one who left us hanging while we were in Europe, neighbor who recommended her took over but at the end we trashed a brand new br set SO built thinking it was what kept TwoStep in the closet. It was a broken back! Problems!!!!

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2018, 05:14:56 PM »
I wish I could, but it's not an option right now.  The only thing I can think of is that there are timer feeders available (that come with ice packs) that the sitter could use to feed Izzy while you're gone.  The only issue is there's nothing stopping the other cats from getting to it first, unless you keep them in separate rooms the whole time, and I don't think that's a good idea.  Maybe the others will have some suggestions?
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2018, 05:19:35 PM »
We are trying to reduce the snacks. As long as I work from home - no problem. But there is a big problem looming on the horizon - FIL is in the final stages of dementia and his wife ignores it. Both are in their late 80s. It will mean renting a motorhome (we cannot sleep in their home; between two lakes, golf course, ... A/C does not get used, nothing gets thrown out, ....) and spending a week in GA so the pride will need a sitter. Anyone wants to spend a week or two in OK? Full freezer/bar, huge hot tub, fasted internet available, will pay cash? Exactly! We had very good sitters and one who left us hanging while we were in Europe, neighbor who recommended her took over but at the end we trashed a brand new br set SO built thinking it was what kept TwoStep in the closet. It was a broken back! Problems!!!!

I'd pay YOU to get away for 2 weeks to an open bar and hot tub PLUS kitties! 
On a serious note..Sorry about the inlaws.  :( 
The last time you had a sitter, TwoStep ended up with a broken back?  Did I understand that correctly?
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2018, 05:41:10 PM »
I'm sorry that you're just not close enough to the base for my son to possibly help. He's only got a dog, but already sometimes a neighbor has to come let him out when son's flying.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Tags: