Author Topic: “Life’s A Joy That Has To End”: John Hannah, Rest In Peace  (Read 1077 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
“Life’s A Joy That Has To End”: John Hannah, Rest In Peace
« on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:40 AM »
“Life’s A Joy That Has To End”: John Hannah, Rest In Peace

snip...
A friend of mine died a couple weeks ago: alone, in pain, homeless in Detroit. I think a friend of mine died, anyway. I’m 99 percent sure it’s him, but lack firm knowledge to banish that one percent uncertainty.

Damn the internet, sometimes. Hard enough to keep abreast of everything important that happens to folks you care about in real life—but what of those you only know online, if they can’t go near a computer?

http://feralgenius.blogspot.com/2011/05/lifes-joy-that-has-to-end-john-hannah.html
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: “Life’s A Joy That Has To End”: John Hannah, Rest In Peace
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2011, 10:40:45 AM »
The above is a blog entry that will tear at your heart strings, but is a very well written tribute to an online friend.  IMHO
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline KatieAndMe

• Yapper
Re: “Life’s A Joy That Has To End”: John Hannah, Rest In Peace
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2011, 04:41:19 PM »
That IS heartbreaking. I often wonder what happened to people I made friends with online. Did they just stop posting to that forum or did they leave this world. Recently I've traded more personal information with a couple of online friends just so they wouldn't have to worry about me if I stopped posting nor I about them, we could find out by contacting someone. I guess that's one thing valuable about Facebook. The fact that he was a veteran is even more sad.

Tags: