Author Topic: Same Food - Different Ingredients List  (Read 5824 times)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
Re: Same Food - Different Ingredients List
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2014, 12:57:48 PM »
I told the person that I wasn't fond of montmorillonite clay.  There are better foods and there are a lot worse foods... one of the main reasons I always rotate brands. 
It really stinks when a person is interested in feeding wet... and then not being able to recommend (100%) any brand!

I know, I have that conscience wrestling problem too.  Even the canned foods I do use I am reluctant to recommend, because, who knows when I will change my mind about them.  That's why I no longer recommend canned food brands in forums.  Instead I tell people the things I try to avoid, and hope they can get in the habit of reading labels and making choices themselves.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2014, 01:18:10 PM »
Ummm. . .raw's wet.  HeeHeeHee 

(Sorry, Lola. Couldn't resist that.)

When I think wet, I think canned.   :P 
This person is TOTALLY not open to raw anything.  Rather than scare the person off of wet food anything, I just went with it.  BUT...I did mention Stella & Chewys.   >:D 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2014, 01:32:10 PM »

I know, I have that conscience wrestling problem too.  Even the canned foods I do use I am reluctant to recommend, because, who knows when I will change my mind about them.  That's why I no longer recommend canned food brands in forums.  Instead I tell people the things I try to avoid, and hope they can get in the habit of reading labels and making choices themselves.

I stress rotation of wet brands/proteins... as far as general commenting. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 01:56:43 PM by Lola »

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2014, 10:34:12 AM »
For me, depending on the person/situation, (e.g. I'm chatting with someone in the grocery store or something), I usually just advise that any canned is better than dry, because of the moisture content.  For me, the priority is just to get the cat off the kibble.  Then I hand them a little card that has a list of feline nutrition sites (catinfo.org, etc.) and this forum  :D and strongly encourage them to check out catinfo.org.  It's up to them to go from there.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2014, 03:51:03 PM by Pookie »
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2014, 02:00:34 PM »
For me, depending on the person/situation, (e.g. I'm chatting with someone in the grocery store or something), I usually just advise that any canned is better than dry, because of the moisture contect.  For me, the priority is just to get the cat off the kibble.  Then I hand them a little card that has a list of feline nutrition sites (catinfo.org, etc.) and this forum  :D and strongly encourage them to check out catinfo.org.  It's up to them to go from there.

I edited my post above, to add the word "wet." 
"Dry/kibble" isn't in my vocabulary, when it comes to pet food recommendations.  :)

Offline Middle Child

• Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 06:44:15 PM »
For me, depending on the person/situation, (e.g. I'm chatting with someone in the grocery store or something), I usually just advise that any canned is better than dry, because of the moisture content.  For me, the priority is just to get the cat off the kibble.  Then I hand them a little card that has a list of feline nutrition sites (catinfo.org, etc.) and this forum  :D and strongly encourage them to check out catinfo.org.  It's up to them to go from there.

What a great idea!

Lola I recommend rotation too, once they start asking about brands.