Author Topic: Vets Best Hairball Remedy  (Read 6660 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Vets Best Hairball Remedy
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2016, 03:59:08 PM »
I think V-B will find their high sales will fall off quite a bit.  Sadly, eventually they will find new customers, and those customers won't have experienced the difference.

New customers may not have the experience from when the product was a good one, but they also won't be repeat customers... when their cats barf it back up! 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say No to declawing
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2016, 04:47:32 PM »
I am really ticked.  It wasn't that I used it often, but I recommended it a LOT to people.  It was a good and EASY product for people to use to get their kibble addicts to at least TRY wet food.  SO many people don't have the patience or time (or whatever) to try this and that... Vets Best was a shoe in! 
Having to go back to recommending FortiFlora (SHORT term use ONLY), burns my _____. 

I feel exactly the same way.  I've been recommending the stuff since 2011, when I first was told about it.   I am not, anymore.

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
One thing I noticed from the ingredient list posted (unless it was a typo):

Apple Fiber Powder,  Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose, Liver Powder (I've been told by V-B the liver source is pork), Magnesium Stearate, Natural Flavor, Silicon Dioxide, Yeast (Torula)

Old formula:

Apple Powder, Brewer's yeast, Calcium Carbonate, chicken (dried), Liver (defatted pork), magnesium sterate, Natural flavorings, Yeast (Torula)

It went from Apple Powder to Apple FIBER powder.   Is that fiber really from apples, or another source?  Or am I over-analyzing?  :-\
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2016, 08:33:33 PM »
They claim it is the same ingredient just different terminology "due to different label restrictions and regulations"

Offline Middle Child

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2016, 09:05:04 PM »
I would send them all back... free ones included.  Include a note how disappointed you are.  It would be worth it (to me) to pay the postage, just to get it off my chest. 

You know Lola, that's a pretty good idea.  I may just do that. I've already told them, copiously, how disappointed I am.  But sending it all back like that would make a far more blunt statement.

New customers may not have the experience from when the product was a good one, but they also won't be repeat customers... when their cats barf it back up! 

Good point.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2016, 04:25:19 PM »
The company probably won't take notice of you sending their carpy product back, unless SEVERAL people did so. 
I don't know if it is normal to be SOOOOOOO disappointed...   
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Tags: vets best