Author Topic: Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit - Canned  (Read 1589 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit - Canned
« on: July 21, 2014, 04:33:12 PM »
I do better being able to search by brand AND flavor.  Often a brand is okay, but I (personally) have issues with a particular flavor.   Silly7

Ingredients:
Rabbit, Pork Liver, Water, Ground Flaxseeds, Tricalcium Phosphate, Montmorillonite Clay, Peas, Carrots, Calcium Carbonate, Lecithin, Vitamins (Choline Chloride, L-Ascorbyl-2-Polyphosphate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin A Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid), Dried Kelp, Salt, Potassium Chloride, Taurine, Minerals (Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Sodium Selenite, Ethylenediamine Dihydriodide), Artichokes, Cranberries, Pumpkin, Tomato, Blueberries, Broccoli, Cabbage, Kale, Parsley.

We are currently sourcing rabbit meat for our raw diets (including our exclusive freeze dried rabbit Bio-Coating™) and for our canned diets from a supplier in China. In order to ensure the quality of these suppliers, members of our management team have personally visited and audited the facilities. Nature's Variety also has a PhD food scientist on staff in China, who visits the facility and monitors meat quality. In addition, samples from shipments received from this supplier are submitted to an independent lab for testing. All results of testing and auditing have matched our specifications for quality and nutrition.

http://www.naturesvariety.com/learning/questions/5

From Mo's Carb Chart:
15.56%

http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=747.msg4369#msg4369
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 04:36:45 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: Nature's Variety Instinct Rabbit - Canned
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2014, 05:43:48 PM »
This is part of Pookie's rotation.  I'm not thrilled that it's sourced from China, but he needs the variety.  And it's (usually) one of his favorites.
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2014, 06:43:32 PM »
I fed it for a while also.  My cats LOVED it as well.  I mean happy dance loved it.  We all just have to weigh the pros and cons of the ingredients list, company info, our cats' situations, pocket book, etc... go from there! 

IF you are interested, I replaced this brand with By Nature Rabbit.  The cats do the happy dance with this brand also.   Silly7
http://parenting-furkids.com/index.php?topic=2890.0
« Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 06:45:16 PM by Lola »
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2014, 07:55:40 AM »
I haven't seen By Nature in my pet food store.  I did find Hound and Gatos rabbit, but Pookie wouldn't touch it.   :(   :'(
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2014, 12:13:09 PM »
I cant afford the Natures Variety, its very expensive up here :( I may try the raw once I get kitty settled.
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Tags: