Author Topic: Naked and Afraid?  (Read 2025 times)

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
Naked and Afraid?
« on: June 29, 2014, 06:39:24 PM »
There's some kind of marathon called "Naked and Afraid" that's been running on Discovery Channel.

I don't know. Maybe us southern girls think differently or something, but the majority of these "I can live through anything" people are some dumb effs. Jus' sayin'.

Give me a machete and fire, and I'd have been drinking clean water and eating the first night.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Re: Naked and Afraid?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2014, 07:04:12 PM »
Never heard of it.  From your comments, it sounds interesting though.  lol 
Do you ever watch Survivor... the reality show?  Being able to make fire is HUGE.  Fire to cook food.  Fire for their water.  Fire for warmth.  Fire is often part of a challenge.  Fire has been needed for every season... and yet there are STILL contestants that don't learn, before going on the show, how to make fire. 
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 07:14:57 PM »
This show lasts only an hour so I have very little time to fall into absolute dislike with one of their personalities. The few times we've tried watching Survivor, I fell into absolute hate with at least one of the people within an hour and ended up just wanting to scream at the TV.

On Naked and Afraid, when they're dropped off to their destination, they have to strip down to nothing, and they get to keep one thing for their trip. From what I see, men always bring machetes and women bring fire-starters. Then they have to last in their destination for 21 days. I don't see any big prizes at the end of the hour either.  :-/

Fire-starters aren't how former-boy-scout hubs taught the boys and I though. But we learned pretty fast. There were a bunch of survivalist things in the old RV when we bought it, but youngest son took all of those things out of there. LOL I looked at most of it as a waste of space since there's no way on earth you'll get me to do that "roughing it" kind of camping.

Oh...and I've seen several people "tap out" already. Just got through watching one where the woman was the only one to ever survive the whole time alone after the man tapped out at 11 days.
"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog." Edward Hoagland
"Thorns may hurt you, men desert you, sunlight turn to fog; but you're never friendless ever, if you have a dog."

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2014, 10:59:23 AM »
Naked And Afraid sounds good.  I hate to get "hooked" on a TV show, because I can rarely catch something the same time and day... the following week. 
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:37:10 PM by Lola, Reason: always leaving out words... »

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2014, 08:21:06 PM »
I watched a few episodes last night.  It wasn't bad.  Can't believe there is no prize, at the end.  lol

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2014, 08:36:52 PM »
I was watching it last night too. Couldn't believe when that guy from here in the south started his "I'm da man!" chest beating! That's a boy whose mama didn't smack the back of his head enough when he was little to knock some sense into him.

He might wear the pants but I bet his wife reminded him who controls the zipper when she saw the show.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2014, 09:39:16 PM »
I didn't see that.  I kinda watched bits and pieces.  When it comes to TV, I have an attention span of a 2 year old.  lol

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 09:57:27 PM »
It was this duo:

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid/videos/blue-hole-or-blue-hell.htm

He turned into a whiny  flamingturd when she'd catch food. When he was talking at first before they met, I told hubs, "Oh boy. I can see this going wrong in SO many ways because he's such an  :-X, and I bet you he can't catch jack for food without a gun or at least a bow and arrow!"

Well he really was useless without his mighty-hunter stick that requires bullets. She caught more food than he did, and he'd refuse to eat what she got. I've never seen anything that moronic. But "the chick with the stick" had plenty of "primitive" hunting skills. He really wasn't prepared, and she ended up with a higher rating in the end.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 10:07:21 PM »
That was "odd," when he wouldn't eat the food she caught.  What a nut! 

Offline DeeDee

• P-F's Twitter-er
  • Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Barkly & Vlad
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2014, 10:43:34 PM »
Have you taken their PSR test? I probably shouldn't have admitted that I'm afraid of spiders, snakes and piranha.

http://www.discovery.com/tv-shows/naked-and-afraid/survival-test/psr.htm

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 10:39:20 AM »
I don't have to.  I would flunk. 

Tags: