Author Topic: What do you think about this?  (Read 4779 times)

Offline The Kittens

• Charter Member
  • Chatter Bug
  • Respect-The-Star...Violators-Will-Be-Hung
Re: What do you think about this?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, 12:06:55 PM »
Well, it seems like either day, you are gone for 12 hrs, which is pretty much, most peoples schedule, that work.
I feed them at 6am, when I get up for work, and around 6pm, when I get home from work. On a day, I can sleep in, they start bugging me, around 8am.  They walk on me, and meow, meow, meow. Then Bump, all 20 lbs of him, lays on my head, and pulls my hair, with his teeth. That one, always gets mommy up, m-o-l.  :D

Is it possible, to have someone come in, like mid day, to feed him?  I understand if its not, money wise, it was just a thought.

Or if it upsets him, maybe when you get home, feed him 1/2 of his portion, then the other 1/2 in an hour?

Only other things I could think of. But Lola's suggestion, of doing a test run, with the feeder, might be your best bet. I have no experience with feeders.  The kittens would turn it into a toy, and figure out, how to get it open, the same kittens, who can open, any, trash can.  Or Bump would show them, how to set the clock ahead, so it opens early, m-o-l.   :D Bumpurr1 :-* TexasFlag bumpgif fireworks1   

Offline Pookie

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Proud member of the Wet Food Club
Re: What do you think about this?
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2011, 01:40:33 PM »
Hi Bump!

Nope, no one to come feed him during the day.  Thanks for the suggestion, though!   ;D

He already gets his evening meal in 2 portions:  1 when I get home, the other 40 minutes after he's eaten the 1st portion.  What I've been doing if I'm really late is breaking it into 3 portions, 40 minutes apart, but that means he may not get the last portion until almost 9pm.  That seems a bit late to me and I don't like doing it.

I think Petco has a similar feeder to the one Shadow posted.  I'll stop by there and see.

Thanks, all!
2-4-6-8  Please don't over-vaccinate!
"Pass on what you have learned."  -- Yoda, Star Wars:  Return of the Jedi

Tags: