Author Topic: Welcome Growlies!!!  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
Welcome Growlies!!!
« on: January 03, 2012, 05:18:36 PM »
 welcome5 & thankyou1
Everything you NEED to know about caring for your feline. www.catinfo.org

Offline Growlies

• Yapper
    • Growlies.ca
Re: Welcome Growlies!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 05:39:10 PM »
Thanks much for the welcome and the support combating the scaremongering tactics we face within our community.

I think it is a deliberate marketing tactic used by large companies called FUD - Fear, Uncertainty & Doubt. What you do is spread that about the competitor you fear.

The thing is I think most if not all Vets are well meaning individuals to busy running their practices to look into what the food rep is telling them to say about shops like ours. So they end up spouting the party line as if makes any sense.

Offline CarnivorousCritter

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 06:11:34 PM »
 welcome1 Growlies  welcome1

Hope you'll, please, feel free to post all of your knowledge and experiences, wisdom and opinion!  :) :) :)

I used to be very trusting of vets, was blessed with a wonderful one for a few decades. However have learned the hard way that they truly should KNOW that our pets are carnivores; their anotomies & physiologies ... isn't that what they had to be aware of in studies,  in order to become a veterinarian?

Sorry  :-[ no excuses when the creatures aren't even capable of chewing cereal properly. Our MDs would get their pants sued off if they tried selling our kids strict potato chip diets, and are second-guessed without hesitation. They are regulated....
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 06:21:44 PM by CarnivorousCritter »

Offline FurMonster Mom

• Charter Member
  • Gabster
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 06:29:38 PM »
Welcome Growlies, so glad you could join us.
 purplekat welcome4 tiggerbounce

I absolutely agree with your assessment of marketing tactics and the average vet.

meow meow meow meow meow meow? -woof!
Translation: "I can has my raw food? -please!"

Offline Shadow

• Charter Member
  • Motor Mouth
  • Just say no to Kibble Krack
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 03:31:43 AM »
Wow ...Welcome Growlies that is great you could join us. Im the one that started this thread about the article in the Times. I was just so flustered after this I had to tell my forum friends here.  Quite a few of us wrote in letters to the Times, been checking for our letters everyday, but nothing yet.  I love your store, and I thank you for all that you are doing in trying to educate in our community. Keep up the great work.
P.S If you know of any Vets in our community that agree with Raw please private message me and let me know. Thanks :)
"Education is the key" to make informed decisions about the health of our pets

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 12:27:36 PM »

P.S If you know of any Vets in our community that agree with Raw please private message me and let me know. Thanks :)

Personally, I'd PLASTER a vet's name that agrees with raw feeding.   :D

Offline Growlies

• Yapper
    • Growlies.ca
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 02:29:36 PM »
Personally, I'd PLASTER a vet's name that agrees with raw feeding.   :D

Given the position of the BCVMA this is the fear of raw vets. Those who do advocate for non-western options kind of have to do so quietly. I was told about one vet who was fined 10k because of a single link to a raw food site on the vets site here in BC. So none of them want their names plastered, at least that has been my experience.

Offline Lola

• Global Moderator
  • Motor Mouth
  • Spay or Neuter
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2012, 10:50:07 PM »
Given the position of the BCVMA this is the fear of raw vets. Those who do advocate for non-western options kind of have to do so quietly. I was told about one vet who was fined 10k because of a single link to a raw food site on the vets site here in BC. So none of them want their names plastered, at least that has been my experience.

True.  For the reasons stated above, I assumed Shadow was looking for a Holistic vet.  I can be a litttttle slow at times.   Bumpurr1

Tags: